PDA

View Full Version : Truth in 24

flippedrover
04-23-2009, 08:03 AM
I know Trevor G will probably like this since we've talked about going to the Sebring 12 hour in the past. I downloaded Truth in 24 from itunes yesterday. Pretty slick movie following the 2008 Audi team from the 12 hours of Sebring to the 24 Hours of LeMans. Well worth it i think. www.truthin24.com

rvrsrvc
04-23-2009, 11:52 AM
I heard about that and then forgot all about it! I'll ck it out..

Rineheitzgabot
04-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Saw it. Great Documentary. Even if your not interested in racing.

flippedrover
04-28-2009, 08:16 AM
My only complaint is that its not on DVD.

grnthng
05-03-2009, 09:05 AM
The narrators voice sounds very familiar.... the Transporter guy, damn I always forget his name!:confused:

BTW, who would not be interested in that type of Motorsport? Even Nascar drivers go running when they call them up for seat time!

Also, totaly missed this one on the calender.... today 1pm live on Speed Channel is the Rolex sports car race at the new N.J. Motorsport Park in Vineland , N.J.

rvrsrvc
05-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Just saw that it's on the FX channel this saturday morning- 9.30am. Back in my previous life, I'd raced in endurance races using a variety of sports cars, anywhere from 3 hours to 24 hours. Mostly class wins, but we did a 12 hour race overall in an 82 Toyota Supra.
I enjoyed the seat time- usually 2 hours at a time as that was how much fuel we could carry. Our rules meant the driver had to to be out of the car during refueling so we would usually swap drivers at that point. And night stints- car was faster due to cooler air and there were fewer peripheral distractions.
Sigh, I sometimes miss those days.