PDA

View Full Version : British Car Show near West Chester, PA on Saturday, June 6th

Disco96JSWB
06-01-2009, 09:01 PM
We're going to go to this show on Saturday (June 6th). Used to be at Hope Lodge, in Fort Washington as a Triumph club-sponsored show. Now combined with Jag-u-ars.

Hope they don't mind a scruffy old Land Rover leaking gear oil on their lawn.

- Jeremy and Jake

http://www.delvaltrs.org/CofEflyer.pdf

LC Rover
06-02-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't think they will mind the oil ...I would take my 88 when it was at Hope Lodge and let the little one's use it as a jungle gym...I got a couple of first and second places, then again I would be the only rover there most of the time.

Disco96JSWB
06-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Show was OK. Only other L-R was West Chester dealer's 88" SIIA.

I let my friend's 4 year old steer while I walked alongside with it in 1st in low range, which entertained some folks.

The drive over (and back especially) was terrible. Modern traffic (Suzie SUV on her cell phone) has no tolerance for (really) slow vehicles. Plus the steering is scary at anything above about 30 mph. I now definitely plan to convert to the later steering box I got from Stuart. Originality has its limits . . .

I put in a good word for the club where possible. A guy said he has a 109" from Australia with a Nissan diesel with a 24-volt charging system. I encouraged him to get onto our club board and get it out to Robesonia.

- Jeremy

scatterling
06-09-2009, 06:58 PM
another 24 volt! awesome, I'd like to see the diesel conversion as well.