PDA

View Full Version : Saddle tanks running foul of the toe panel S3 SW 109

airbornrover
06-04-2009, 05:00 PM
When i go to place the side tank on the left side (RHD vehicle) it pushes the toe panel back and away from the B column a good 2" or so. The tank im using is 552328 in the optional equipment catalog. The chassis is Ex Mod FFR now with station wagon body, with the fuel tank out rigger being welded on (factory looking) and is 624042 so that it has that lip along the front edge so you can only slide the tank so far forward.

What i would like to know is there some kind of variation within the model of tank that im using that makes it specifically for a pick up or station wagon??? Even from military to civilian ?? Diesel or Petrol tanks?

Appreciate any input.

I learned that i misstated the distance that the kickpanel is from the B column, it is more like a 1/2". I apologize for the misinformation. If this changes anything that was said before please let me know.
Also could the fuel out rigger have been located differently for a military chassis then a civilian chassis?

airbornrover
06-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Found out that there is a difference for saddle tanks and there is even a part number for it. Looking like there as rare as virgins in heaven at this point. Sent an email out to about 15 places and people hopefully i will get an email. Turns out there is a slight angle on the top half of the tank to compensate for the toe panel at the back of the seatbox.