PDA

View Full Version : lug nuts

Rob P
07-03-2009, 09:31 AM
OK, simple question. Can I use my lug nuts from my stock alloy Disco 1 wheels on steel wheels?

Please advise

Trevor
07-04-2009, 01:45 AM
Yes, but for the fashion conscious its not the best way to go. I did it briefly on my RRC.

It's no different than putting on your spare.

pushngo
07-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Actually it depends on the steel wheel. I think I remember the lugs bottoming out on some of the thinner GCR type wheels. I have a set of steel wheel lugs here that you can have for $20 mabe a little rusty I would have to have a look.

Trevor
07-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Sorry Rob, didn't mean to mislead you. I wasn't aware that some steel rims were thin enough to cause problems.

Rob P
07-04-2009, 10:07 AM
at any rate, it could work......

Yes Mr. Pushngo, have a look around for a set if you don't mind. If you have them I'll invest in a set. Now I just have to get my old RR rims prepped and painted.

pushngo
07-05-2009, 12:16 PM
at any rate, it could work......

Yes Mr. Pushngo, have a look around for a set if you don't mind. If you have them I'll invest in a set. Now I just have to get my old RR rims prepped and painted.

They may work fine I had a set of Wolf rims on my D2 with the alloy lugs and they were fine I had a set of I believe GCR wheels on My D1 and the shook with the alloy lugs. Could be the D2 lugs are shallower also.

I for sure have a set I will get a pic this aft for you

rw

Hey Rob I haven't forgotten about you I only have 12 here and think the rest are on parts trucks but will check over the weekend. I also have a brand new set and a used set that are almost new I took off ny old truck I will gat you something by early next week