PDA

View Full Version : robesonia fall event

87xj95disco
07-28-2009, 07:57 AM
work day will be oct. 17,18 we need more help on these days
fall event is on oct. 24th for the novice and 25th for the more experenced
if you have been to the fall event for the novice more then 2 times then you
must run sundays experenced coures. the club will be having a cookout on sat so we need a head count for food. preregistration is a MUST!!!. on sunday tonys pizza for lunch. camping out saturday to sunday looks like a
pot luck dinner. more deals to come stay tuned.

derekdilks
08-02-2009, 07:41 AM
fun, fun, fun

Rob P
08-02-2009, 11:06 AM
And we'll have
fun, fun, fun
till your daddy takes your D-2 away!

87xj95disco
08-06-2009, 08:53 PM
ok this is what we have so far.

Saturday the novice will run the course. prizes will be handed out to the
1,2,3rd place and some raffle tickets will be used.
there will be a swap meet on lyles land just across the steet after the prizes and tickers. he has some tables but bring your own. bring some of your land rover parts laying around to sell. parking for the ones with trailer will be at the bottom of the lane. a sign will be posted for trailer parking. camping out so bring your tent or small camper.
no water or electric hook ups.
looks like a pot-luck dinner so bring some food for the night. byob.

Sunday the experanced will run. prizes will be handed out for 1,2,3rd, raffle tickets and 50/50.
Parking for spectators, its going to be a little tight to park at daves or lyles. we are working on that issue right now.
PLEASE TRY TO PREREGISTOR but i will have forums with me at the event.
we need a head count to get food for saturdays cookout. want to make sure eveyone gets lunch and drinks.
also any one that wants to join our club right there i will have forums for that too.
any other questions please let me know and i will answer asap

Rugbier
08-11-2009, 05:30 PM
I am a novice.. so I will run with the Newbies

And maybe I get to ride on an open seat with the experts the next day

Can't find the registration form .. but I will be there and will have a small trailer with the tent.

Any particular food to bring for the diner ? ( my first time attending so don't know much )

Thanks

Rob P
08-12-2009, 07:04 PM
As to food ideas we will most likely start a "What are you bringing" thread closer to camp night.

87xj95disco
08-13-2009, 05:07 PM
go to the main page look for the event next to the forum.
look for robesoina and click on that. all the info should be there and
forum to print out.
will work out the details on saturday nights potluck need will everone know
once it gets closer.

Can't find the registration form .. but I will be there and will have a small trailer with the tent.

Any particular food to bring for the diner ? ( my first time attending so don't know much )

Thanks

Hammertime
08-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Put me down on the list. could not seem tp find the form.

Hammertime
08-13-2009, 06:24 PM

Thanks

You better go on the advanced with a rig like that You weenie. LOL The most you can do is try to top my OOPs I did last year.

Rugbier
08-13-2009, 07:39 PM
You better go on the advanced with a rig like that You weenie. LOL The most you can do is try to top my OOPs I did last year.

Would love to do that , however, I will never be able to top yours as I KNOW HOW TO DRIVE :rolleyes:

Just kidding

scatterling
08-14-2009, 06:32 AM

...in case we've all forgotten...or never seen....link to OOPs :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBNDE6zKhvQ

Hammertime
08-14-2009, 09:47 PM
...in case we've all forgotten...or never seen....link to OOPs :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBNDE6zKhvQ

Thanks, you just had to rub it in didn't ya. LOL

Hammertime
08-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Would love to do that , however, I will never be able to top yours as I KNOW HOW TO DRIVE :rolleyes:

Just kidding

Sure could not tell that by watching you at the Wilds. LOL just kiddin

thechrisr
08-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Put me down for the novice. This will only be my second time running it. I could not find the form on the site either.
Chris Lessard

PS- has any sort of handicap been established for the series and swb rovers? The Discos and Rangies never seem to stand a chance against Defenders and series rigs.

87xj95disco
08-23-2009, 05:39 PM
go to the event section at the rovers home page
look for robesonia its there with 2 others
click on the one you want.
just checked it to make sure its there everything is good.

Put me down for the novice. This will only be my second time running it. I could not find the form on the site either.
Chris Lessard

PS- has any sort of handicap been established for the series and swb rovers? The Discos and Rangies never seem to stand a chance against Defenders and series rigs.

grnthng
08-31-2009, 11:12 AM
What is the cut off on the registration?

Disco96JSWB
08-31-2009, 12:52 PM
Please put me on the list for the event in the experienced group, and with Jake as the driver on the Novice day.

- Jeremy B.

Rugbier
08-31-2009, 06:21 PM
I don't seem to be able to get to the registration, went to the main ROVERS page, under event, I see the event but no reg link

So I am officially signing myself in here *LOL*

Rob P
08-31-2009, 09:35 PM
Go to the main "rovers" site. Click on the "events" tag on the top part of the screen. Right under where it says, "Rovers Club Events 2009" you will see a list that says, "Release forms- General • Robesonia • Spruce Cabin" and when you click on the Robesonia part it will ask you to open a .pdf document that is the release form/entry form for the event. Or just use this link: Robesonia Release Form (http://www.roversclub.org/docs/RobesoniaTrial.doc)

Rugbier
09-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Don't I feel like Forrest Gump...:D

Thanks

Go to the main "rovers" site. Click on the "events" tag on the top part of the screen. Right under where it says, "Rovers Club Events 2009" you will see a list that says, "Release forms- General • Robesonia • Spruce Cabin" and when you click on the Robesonia part it will ask you to open a .pdf document that is the release form/entry form for the event. Or just use this link: Robesonia Release Form (http://www.roversclub.org/docs/RobesoniaTrial.doc)

grnthng
09-18-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm in for the Sunday run if there's still room, I'm working on the registration now.

McCabe Team
09-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Maggie & I plan to go for the 24th since were novices.
Where do we find the registration form?

PS. We really enjoyed the picnic

87xj95disco
10-04-2009, 06:23 PM
there will be a swap meet at lyles place. bring your own tables and anything land rover sitting around. swap meet will begin after saturdays run. trailer parking will be at the bottom of the lane. signs will be posted.
there may be a limit on camping.

87xj95disco
10-10-2009, 07:55 PM
All right this is what we have for sponsors:
ATLANTIC BRITISH
WARN
ROVERS NORTH
alot of great prizes for saturday and sundays winners.
prizes for tickets.
so far not alot of registrations have been handed in.
You can register at the event but please have the forms filled out money ready.
anyone coming on the 17th and 18th for workday on the trails.
9am on both days. we could use another pair of hands.
as of right now the weather on the 17,18 is: low 37 high 56
dress in layers and keep warm.

Rob P
10-11-2009, 09:30 PM
I'll be there for the work day on saturday for sure. Can registration be brought to the work day as well? My S.O. will be driving on "novice" day and I'll be driving on the "non-novice" day.

McCabe Team
10-13-2009, 12:46 AM
We sent in a money order & registration a while back.
Do / will we hear anything back, or do we just roll in?

Kevin

87xj95disco
10-13-2009, 07:24 AM
we have it just come on up.

We sent in a money order & registration a while back.
Do / will we hear anything back, or do we just roll in?

Kevin

ROVERMAN1
10-14-2009, 03:07 PM
I will be there for both days :D and will complete the registration once I get there. Looking forward to it :) :) :)

Rob P
10-14-2009, 10:17 PM
The weather for saturday looks "rugged." Wear lotsa layers and galoshes.

87xj95disco
10-15-2009, 09:18 PM
if you want you meet me at my place on saturday 7am
im taking a camper with me and a friend if following me up too.
if you want to reg on saturday thats fine just have everything filled out and money/check ready.
let me know

The weather for saturday looks "rugged." Wear lotsa layers and galoshes.

Rob P
10-15-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm still planning on meeting you up there at 9AM saturday. Will try to have the registration forms for sat/sun filled out B-4 coming up. 7 AM at your house is too early for me to get there. The family might come up to help.

87xj95disco
10-16-2009, 07:19 AM
no problem see you there.

I'm still planning on meeting you up there at 9AM saturday. Will try to have the registration forms for sat/sun filled out B-4 coming up. 7 AM at your house is too early for me to get there. The family might come up to help.

ROVERMAN1
10-16-2009, 05:18 PM
:D Anyone coming from Maryland? I live in Rockville. Maybe we can caravan

87xj95disco
10-18-2009, 09:21 PM
we did get some more help on saturday and we thank you for that.
the rain made it a long day trying to get everything ready.

NOVICE: there are only 8 trails set up for you. walk them ask questions
if you are not sure about anything just ask for a spoter or someone can ride with you.

ADVANCED: 10 trails are set up. walk them get an idea on what line your going to take. (lyle made them) thats all i have to say.

WEATHER: as of right now 10-18-09 some rain showers.

PLEASE have forms filled out and ready with money. be there by 9am so we can get everything started. do not forget the swap meet at lyls place after the novice are done. trailer parking is at the lower lane. signs will be posted.

other then that im tired and will see everyone on saturday early morning.

87xj95disco
10-20-2009, 09:01 PM
also lyle has a camper if anyone wants to use.
camping out sat to sun with a potluck dinner.please bring something little to share with others.
we did get some more help on saturday and we thank you for that.
the rain made it a long day trying to get everything ready.

NOVICE: there are only 8 trails set up for you. walk them ask questions
if you are not sure about anything just ask for a spoter or someone can ride with you.

ADVANCED: 10 trails are set up. walk them get an idea on what line your going to take. (lyle made them) thats all i have to say.

WEATHER: as of right now 10-18-09 some rain showers.

PLEASE have forms filled out and ready with money. be there by 9am so we can get everything started. do not forget the swap meet at lyls place after the novice are done. trailer parking is at the lower lane. signs will be posted.

other then that im tired and will see everyone on saturday early morning.

rvrsrvc
10-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Coming up Saturday to hang out for a few hours, most likely bringing the 109. See you all there!
Trevor

Lyle4LClover
10-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Posted in the food thread too but thought I'd state it here; I have a camper (heated with electric, sleeps 6) available across the street at my house. First come first serve. The swap meet will be at my house (across the street) to save space. Trailer parking will be at the bottom of the hill below Mountain Ave. at the old firehouse and camping will be on top of the mountain. Small camping trailers will be able to make it to the top no problem, NO 30 ft Airsteams!) There will be a large tent on top at the campground in case it's raining. Saturday will be novice day, (first or second time off road) with 8 trails, 4 brand new, Sunday will be advanced with 10 trails (made by me!) Be sure your battery is held down and any loose stuff is taken out of your truck! There will be parking at my house, bottom of the mountain Ave. and up in the garden at my Dads house. If anyone has any questions post back or email me ay Lyle4lclover@aol.com .
Thanks, Lyle

Rob P
10-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Be sure your battery is held down and any loose stuff is taken out of your truck!

You know, you really don't inspire any confidence in me when you say stuff like that Lyle.

http://www.wheelnanddealin.com/images/Land_Rover_Smashed.jpg

ROVERMAN1
10-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Is the door and fender still for sale? :D lol

Rugbier
10-22-2009, 06:44 PM
:D Anyone coming from Maryland? I live in Rockville. Maybe we can caravan

I'll be leaving Sykesville early Sat morning

ROVERMAN1
10-22-2009, 07:40 PM
I would be coming from olney to I70. I think Sykesville is close right? At what time are you planning to go? maybe we can meet at the I70 intersection. :)

Lyle4LClover
10-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Appears to be rain all day Friday, possibly heavy, (think MUD!) and some of Saturday. It is supposed to clear up Saturday night so camping won't be too bad. Remember the event is on rain or shine, you will be in your trucks most of the time. The rain does add a nice element to the courses. The novice will be more challanging and the advanced will be really fun! Remember, all courses have been driven, and yes in the mud, it rained on the first work day. Sunday is supposed to be a nice day here.
Lyle

Rugbier
10-22-2009, 10:10 PM
I would be coming from olney to I70. I think Sykesville is close right? At what time are you planning to go? maybe we can meet at the I70 intersection. :)

Actually is very close.
I take the back roads to I83 towards york, so if you were to come via I70, probably you can take exit 80 ( rt 32 North ) and about 8 miles you will be around the corner from my house.

There is a School on the left hand side of rt 32 1 mile after you cross rt 26, we can meet there. ( or you are more than welcome to come to my house - it is only 1.1 mile off route )

I was planning on leaving my area 6:00 am

Let me know if you want to caravan

Disco96JSWB
10-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Jake and I will be there Sunday, but he has soccer on Saturday.
Mud is good!

- Jeremy

Rugbier
10-23-2009, 06:06 PM
SADLY, change of plans, I will not be attending ( son is sick )

I see you all at Rovers on the Rocks

Lyle4LClover
10-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Goose, hope your son is feeling better soon. Sorry you can't make it. Maybe next event? I'll make a few trails for you next time. Once again, tell your son to get better, he's holding up your Rovering!
Lyle

Frank84
10-23-2009, 07:18 PM
I'll be there sunday! Got to do some "maintenance" on the truck saturday.

crazyfish
10-24-2009, 08:11 AM
on my way.

pushngo
10-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Me too

scatterling
10-24-2009, 08:26 AM
me three

siiirhd88
10-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Dawn and I won't make it today, but we will try to be there tomorrow, Sunday. Enjoy the mud.

Bob

rvrsrvc
10-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks to the Mcmullan family yet again for hosting these Trials Events! Regrettably, Max and I had to leave early and we chose the time of day when the rain was coming down with determination.
This would be the time that the splined wiper arm adaptor chose to loosen just enough to limit the sweep from the RH-driver's side- wiper to approx 4". At the bottom of the screen.
Meanwhile, the water cascading off the roof and bonnet and splashing on the exhaust is making it's way into the cabin through various Genuine and value-added drainage holes. "Close" is a term i've heard to describe closed areas with high humidity. This was, close.
Yes, I could have driven the LR3 that has wipers that have variable speeds-I don't even have to touch a switch to make this happen- as well as an electrical apparatus in the windscreen that will clear misty glass in an eeirrilly quick manner.
And Max fell asleep within minutes...

Rugbier
10-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Lyle, Thanks for the wishes, he is feeling better ( ate some crap on Friday and made him so sick and wife is out of town ).

Sorry I missed it, but I am sure I will be there next one.

See you guys at Rovers on the Rocks ( RC ) in couple of weeks

Gustavo

P.S. hope you kept Dana with all four wheels on the ground :D

Rob P
10-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Robesonia was a hoot. I drove, my S.O. drove, we both took many pictures. I am tired, sick and glad to be home.

Thankyou Dave and Donna for hosting and Lyle and Mike for doing a lot (if not most) of the operations for the trials to take place.

P.S. if anybody talks to Tom our Prez, pass along a get well for Myra. She was sick today and Tom drove over to the event, dropped his stuff and ran back home to be with her. I do hope all is well.

McCabe Team
10-26-2009, 01:58 AM
Thank you everyone for a great Saturday.
Maggie and I had a fun time. And enjoyed meeting you. We learned a lot and had fun on the trails.
Though we lost a side window on the last trail, the fun sure out weighed it.

Kevin

Disco96JSWB
10-26-2009, 08:46 AM
That was great, and thanks to everyone who helps put the trials together.

Jake is a trooper: I could tell he started to drag mid-morning, but he had a fever of 102.6 by the time we got home. Didn't complain a bit, even when I stopped at a self-serve carwash to leave a few cubic yards of mud on the floor of their bay.

Despite not feeling well, he was really happy to see that terrific picture of himself on the Novice scorecard. That'll be something he'll keep for years.

Robesonia scorecard: $28. Picture on the back: Priceless.

- Jeremy

ROVERMAN1
10-26-2009, 10:29 AM
I want to start by saying thanks again to all the ones who made this event possible, it was nothing but GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!. We all had a wonderful time, met some new folks and enjoyed every minute of it :D Looking forward for the next event :).

thechrisr
10-26-2009, 12:13 PM
The event yesterday was excellent!! Thanks again David McMullen for letting me use the pallets.

PS- I totally missed the swap meet. how do I get a hold of th emember who had the Power Steering pumps? I would like to acquire one of them if they are still available.

-Chris

pushngo
10-26-2009, 12:17 PM
The event yesterday was excellent!! Thanks again David McMullen for letting me use the pallets.

PS- I totally missed the swap meet. how do I get a hold of th emember who had the Power Steering pumps? I would like to acquire one of them if they are still available.

-Chris

Just let me know what you need

Randy

thechrisr
10-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Just let me know what you need

Randy

Im interested in the Power Steering pump to fit a '95 disco. If the Chevy one fits perfectly and would potentially last longer, then I'll take that one. The one I curretly have was a Genuine part and it barely lasted me 10k miles befire starting to whine.

If you have any Driver Side Sun Vidors that are light beige I would be interested in that too.
-Chris

pushngo
10-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Im interested in the Power Steering pump to fit a '95 disco. If the Chevy one fits perfectly and would potentially last longer, then I'll take that one. The one I curretly have was a Genuine part and it barely lasted me 10k miles befire starting to whine.

If you have any Driver Side Sun Vidors that are light beige I would be interested in that too.
-Chris

I sold the Chevy one I could put another one together for you. I have an OEM one here ready to go I have a sunvisor too, had it at Robesonia actually

thechrisr
10-26-2009, 01:00 PM
I'll give the Chevy a try. Is the price $125 and how about the visor? Are you going to Ringwood in November by any chance?

spechols
10-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Where are the photos??? – so the pansies like me that did not go can see what we missed.

galen211
10-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Where are the photos??? – so the pansies like me that did not go can see what we missed.

You need to go, your Zebra is just aching to go out on a trail.

Rob P
10-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Photos to follow. I'm sick (from the beautiful weather no doubt) and will post them and links as soon as I can. They are still in the camera and I haven't even looked at them yet.

Frank84
10-26-2009, 06:48 PM
I'll follow up with some more thanks to everyone who helped put the event together (especially the prizes:D )

87xj95disco
10-26-2009, 07:44 PM
good job to everyone that helped and to the drivers.
On saturday we had 8 rovers for the novice. the winner will be getting
a sweat shirt from wilmington land rover.
ON sunday for the advanced we had 6 show up.
small groups on both days which was nice but i like to see more.
the winner from the advanced group are
first
Frank battersby
89 range rover

tie for second
jeremy banster
53 series I
dana hammsrsley
95 d90

third
freddie
88 range rover
sorry forgot your last name freddie
but anyway we had alot of prizes from our sponsors.
looking forward to the spring event.
will let everone know when the date will be set.

Lyle4LClover
10-26-2009, 08:06 PM
I hope all had fun, nice to see some of you again, and it was great to see the new faces too. We have aquired a few lost and found items if anybody would like to claim:
A set of umbrellas, one red and black one white and black
A large pile of Rover parts left in front of my service van
One orange 109, oh wait, thats my Dads!

Anyway if anyone claims these we'll get them back to their rightful owner and if anyone lost anything let us know, I'm sure it's somewhere under the mud! Wish Saturday wasn't quite as much of a washout, would have made better camping, food making, and swap meet. But the mud did make it fun for the trucks!

Thank you everyone for helping this to become a great event, I hope to see everyone again in Spring!
Lyle McMullan :)

Lyle4LClover
10-26-2009, 08:09 PM
And how 'bout those score cards!? Needed no explaination and could not have been more entertaining!
Thanks Pammi and Bill
Lyle

Disco96JSWB
10-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Jake was so H1N1 that he didn't get out of the passenger seat in the afternoon, but he took some shots in the morning on Sunday . . .

http://picasaweb.google.com/bannister556/RobesoniaFall2009?feat=directlink

Rob P
10-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Thankyou Jake. Finally got some pictures of myself 'wheelin.

spechols
10-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Jake is the man.:) When does he get to drive the red rover and dad takes the photos?

Jake was so H1N1 that he didn't get out of the passenger seat in the afternoon, but he took some shots in the morning on Sunday . . .

http://picasaweb.google.com/bannister556/RobesoniaFall2009?feat=directlink

Hammertime
10-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey had a super time. I always want to be remebered but not for something like on the score card. TTHHANNKS GGUUYYS lol.

Disco96JSWB
10-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Any more pictures? In particular, I'm wondering if there's a shot of the Series 1 sideways at the bottom of the Tower of Terror?

- Jeremy

Rob P
10-29-2009, 06:14 PM
We took something like 750 pictures from day 1 and 2. There are pictures of everything but camp in the rain and dark. Give me a few days to get them sorted out and online. It'll take an overnight of uploading on my DSL to get them all up.

Rob P
11-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Finally I got my pictures online, at least 500 of them anyway.

My Robesonia Pictures Part 1 (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=captincvmn&target=ALBUM&id=5403420091463901777&authkey=Gv1sRgCKGZ1O324KXOFQ&feat=email)

grnthng
11-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Awesome!!! That just about makes up for leaving my camera at home, very nice!
Luis,

Disco96JSWB
11-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Finally I got my pictures online, at least 500 of them anyway.

My Robesonia Pictures Part 1 (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=captincvmn&target=ALBUM&id=5403420091463901777&authkey=Gv1sRgCKGZ1O324KXOFQ&feat=email)

Thanks for the pictures, Rob. There are lots of them and they look great. Picasaweb is pretty slick.

- Jeremy

Rob P
11-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Yall are welcome, I got about 350 more to put up online but not tonight, my brain if fried.

ROVERMAN1
11-17-2009, 01:05 AM
Great pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Thanks,

Freddie