PDA

View Full Version : Back

Willard
09-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Well after about a year departure and the sale of my 109 project, i am back looking for a Series II or IIa. Prefer an 88 and noe more than 5K. so if anyone sees one kicking around let me know. Would like to fins one close to NC, VA, PA, MD...etc.

What have i been doing? Well finishing my dialy driver a 70 Chevelle, working and geting my life in order. Somhow i have managed to loose most of my Rover links, but i am slowly getting them back.

Dave.

Willard
09-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Someone want to move this to general chitchat. i placed this in the wrong place...thanks.

Rob P
09-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Oh somehow I am sure it'll get technical soon enough.

sven
09-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Im thinking about selling my S3 88. Its sorta in project mode right now, motor/tranny out, front end bolted off. Lots of new parts too.

rvrsrvc
09-08-2009, 11:09 AM
How about a 67 RHD 109 truck cab, home market 6 cylinder?

galen211
09-08-2009, 01:23 PM
T, are you home? My emails to you keep bouncing back with the out of shop message.

I have a friend looking for a 109...

Willard
09-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Sven, interesting but i am trying to avoid a project again. Just putting the finising touches on my Chevelle and after it and the 109 i swore no more project for the next 2 years. My wife is being nice enough to let me get a Rover again but she said it must move under its own power.

The deal is that in 2 years we sell our Tahoe and buy her a LR3 thats how i got the permission for the Series.

Amazing how we are kings of our house......But the women run the roost.

Trevor. 6cyl? how is it, i have not heard good thngs about them (Overheat)? I know the 2.25 is awesome.....just a pig on gas.

kun109
09-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey Willard, glad you're back to rovers. Was thinking of you today when I dropped off that steering column I got from you last year at the machine shop. Finally getting around to a power steering conversion.

Willard
09-08-2009, 08:12 PM
hey thanks.....PS hey very cool.

Ya i am stoked to get one, There is one in my area i am looking at on Saturday. It needs a new engine (cracked block), but looks amazine from the pictures. I can live with a engine replacement, Either put another Diesel in it or convet to Gas. I would have to look that up though.
It is in the RN for sale section. Red (really red) Series IIa originaly from Costa Rica. Price is right and if it is a good as it looks, then the engine is the hardest part and that is not to bad.

Interested to see it. Still prefer one that is running though.

rvrsrvc
09-08-2009, 10:26 PM
It's not a NADA 6 cyl; I believe those were more troublesome. I've driven it 1500 miles this year including a 300+ mile round trip to the cabin. Keeps it's cool in 90* days.
It's original. Which means the paint is original. So is the interior. And the frame. Some after market heater. It's a runner, but not forever: I've replaced the rear 1/4 frame (and springs, shocks, brake hoses, radiator/heater hoses, fuel tank,) but the rest of it is marginal. The bulkhead is sound, but showing signs. The trans sometimes will not release from 3rd gear!

spechols
09-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Willard,
I plan to sell my 2.5na diesel motor soon. If you get the red rover in Ellicott City it could be a good motor for you.
Just FYI - Stuart

Willard
09-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Cool i will keep that in mind.

Sent you a PM.