PDA

View Full Version : Kam R/P Sets

pushngo
11-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Randy
can you post this up please

KAM Ring and Pinion Press Release
Rover Dog is very proud to announce the Official Release of KAM gears in the USA. You may ask yourself, Why is this so important to the Land Rover community? Well, we have 8 game changing reasons that are sure to change your mind.

1) Reverse cut fronts!

2) The same price for standard and reverse cut gears!

3) (4.10) and (4.75) gears for you P-38 Lovers!

4) Not 1, not 2, but 3 choices of classic Rover gear ratios for you! (3.8) (4.10) (4.75)

5) Dyno static tested by Land Rover Engineers to be stronger then stock, (3.8) 70% (4.10) 25% (4.75) 50%

6) Each gear set is matched and lapped-in by a Gleeson lapping-in machine for optimum set up

7) All gear set are made from certified steels, dedicated drop forgings and carefully controlled heat treatments.

8) Best of all they are only $328 a set!

We at Lucky 8 are striving to be your first choice for Land Rover drive train. Let us know what we can do to earn your business

for more info http://lucky8llc.com/Search.asp?Manu=KAM

Rob P
11-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Simple question about reverse cut front gears. Could you than run a front axle in the rear position and have rear steering or is this not what reverse cut front gears are for?

pushngo
11-04-2009, 07:24 AM
Not what they are for. The front and rear spin in opposite directions reverse cut is just stronger in the front.

You building a rear steer??

Rob P
11-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Oh heck no. I can't even build my front steer truck. Just wondered that's all. I knew they spun in opposite directions. I figured that the reverse cut was made for "other" applications than typical front drive axle use. So are the gears interchangeable from front to rear in Rover axles or are they different still?

I come from the land of Chevy/Dodge/Ford/Jeep buildups and have read about stuff for years in Four Wheeler magazine but this whole Rover thing is still new to me 3 years in and counting. With my old four wheel drive (Isuzu pickup) I could tell you the ratios in the axles and stuff like that. But I am very blurry with my Rover knowledge.

Set me up with a 350 H.O. crate motor with Holley Projection and an NVG 5600 Transmission and NP 205 twin-stick transfer case and Dana 60 high pinion axles both with ARB lockers and I'm ready to go.

Now for LR stuff? I guess a 4.6 engine from an 03-04 disco and a ? automatic with a ? transfer case and 24 spine axles with ARB's.