PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Series in New England

GrFa
11-16-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm sure some of you have seen, I've put ads out everywhere. I've got the hankering for another Series Rover. I did a frame up on a 71 IIA and ended up with a perfectly restored, expensive truck which wasn't really what I wanted. I never really used it after the restoration was complete (3 years) and sold it.

I am looking for something in "driver" condition that can actually be used, not a show truck or something that's about to break in half from chassis rot. If you've got one for sale or know of any feel free to email me or post here.

I am in MA now but don't mind hopping on a plane or a train and driving 10 hours home with the right truck. Heck I don't mind shipping one from the west coast if thats what it'll take.

Thanks!

Greg

Rob P
11-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Heck, just look on Craigslist, the New England states are some of the best to find Series trucks in. Slightly rusty but better pickings than in South Central PA.

GrFa
11-21-2009, 02:32 PM
I ended up picking up a 92 Rangie last night. I think for my sanity I'm calling the series search off :D This is my first Range, pretty excited.

Rob P
11-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Congrats. Hope all goes well with it. Several of our members own RRC (Range Rover Classics) so if you run into anything weird (like that would happen to a LR) let us know and we'll be happy to assist.

(Golly, I hope that a 92 is still a RRC and not a P-38 or I'll feel pretty dumb)

Frank84
11-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Congrats on the new purchase! Post up with any problems/questions/etc - lots of Classic owners around.

grnthng
11-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Rob, just in case you were'nt kidding about the year of the classics! Your in the clear, the last year for the classic was in 95 with nicely updated soft-dash!
Hard to believe that body style started in 1970!
Good Luck Greg!

Cheers,
Luis

Rob P
11-27-2009, 11:30 PM
With this group of "professionals" I never take for granted my 3 year old Rover knowledge. I tend to think I am right but history has proven otherwise. Just ask my X.