PDA

View Full Version : Spare Tire holder

03springer
01-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Hello! Was driving last night and as my luck is, I got a LF flat tire. So I pulled into a parking lot, It`s dark, Windy and my batteries in the flash light are dead:( Got the spare tire off and I noticed the one stud on the spare tire rack was broken off. Are these replaceable? Or do I have to replace the whole thing.
Bob
Did I mention it was also cold :eek:

pushngo
01-07-2010, 11:43 AM
If it is broken off you can replace it but they usually rust and the whole chunk falls off I have a D2 one here and will see what you need I have just used Gr8 bolts in the past on a D1 but not sure if they are the same setup

03springer
01-07-2010, 10:09 PM
When I was plugging the tire today I got to looking at the mount. The studs are welded in. I put the repaired tire back on the mount, but only two studs holding it on :eek: It seems sturdy enough!!! I was thinking of inverting it for when I put bigger tires on. Is it just a simple flip? Or do you have to drill holes?

Bob

pushngo
01-07-2010, 11:12 PM
When I was plugging the tire today I got to looking at the mount. The studs are welded in. I put the repaired tire back on the mount, but only two studs holding it on :eek: It seems sturdy enough!!! I was thinking of inverting it for when I put bigger tires on. Is it just a simple flip? Or do you have to drill holes?

Bob
I think it is just a flip.

You can just drill through the old stud and put a bolt through and tack it

03springer
01-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Thanks Randy, Think thats what I`ll do ;)