PDA

View Full Version : spam

tikicar
01-16-2010, 09:24 AM
I got a private message from LadyAdministrator that makes it look like you have a virus and there is a link attached. I am betting this is spam and deleted it without using the link.

Joe
01-16-2010, 11:12 AM
This is the second time this week I have received one of these scams. Our real administrator needs to check the fire wall or our own spam protection...never happened to me before this week.

ini88
01-16-2010, 11:40 AM
me too!

Junior Wrencher

Send a message via ICQ to LadyAdministrator
Default Important message from the forum administration!
Dear, Gus Veness;ini88;Rob P;Brian;YankeeRover!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://antivirus.effectmeds.com/Gus Veness;ini88;Rob P;Brian;YankeeRover
----------------------------------------------------
Sincerely, Forum Administration forum.roversclub.org.

scatterling
01-16-2010, 02:06 PM
I got the same message here as well as at the SNHLR forum this morning, haven't opened either and I sent a message to Sean.

Rob P
01-16-2010, 04:04 PM
ah, should have looked here first. I posted about this in the General chat folder.

crazyfish
01-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Thanks for posting, it IS SPAM. Locked down the board a bit more. Time for that update....

The problem is that I need to let people who register PM me to get permission - if they didn't get the email.

If this causes any problems let me know.

The funny thing is that they are smart enough to take me off the list they spam. This is no automated bot.