PDA

View Full Version : Disco 2 wipers

Rob P
01-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Ok, whats the deal with trying to find wipers for my 04 disco?????? Seems like a difficult fit? What kinda stunt did LR pull here? Any suggestions on where to buy them for a reasonable price without going with universal replacement rubbers?

03springer
01-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Stunt? Land Rover? :rolleyes: You don`t think they are differant then everybody else do you? I was just reading about wipers on Dweb. You`ll have to go original blades from rover or you can put D1 arms on and get blades from just about anywhere. My biggest disappointment was how bad these things wipe. When I was talking to a guy from Atlantic British ( I was complaining about how much thei su....ed) he said they were a poor design.

Maybe some of the experts can chime in and tell us that there is a better way!!;)

galen211
01-19-2010, 10:09 AM
My understanding is convert to D1 arms and live in peace. Roverover may have some to sell.

pushngo
01-19-2010, 10:24 AM
I have a couple of pairs also the Sillblades work well a little expensive.

A BMW blade will work in the D2 also not sure which one and remember to lube the joint and make sure the spring is good

Try the ones off your '96 and see if you like them some have opted for longer blades also.

Frank84
01-19-2010, 06:51 PM
get some used DI wiper arms and put new blades on like everyone said. do it once and be done with it. they are a direct bolt on so it will take less than five minutes - just need a 13mm socket.

Rob P
01-19-2010, 09:39 PM
The D-1 arms sound like a good way to go. I know that they can use the "universal el-crapo" blades and not the $27/per Trico 21-11 direct fit blades.

pushngo
01-19-2010, 09:51 PM
The D-1 arms sound like a good way to go. I know that they can use the "universal el-crapo" blades and not the $27/per Trico 21-11 direct fit blades.

I'll have a pair here for you Thurs