View Full Version : Spring Robesonia 2010

crazyfish
02-02-2010, 12:29 AM
March 20th Saturday
Work days March 13 & 14th
More soon.

87xj95disco
02-16-2010, 08:38 PM
the way things look we have snow to deal with this spring.
last time i heard there was 24" on the trails. things should get interesting.
having trouble getting sponsors will have to keep calling around.
i was going to camp out on the work days but not this time maybe.

grnthng
02-17-2010, 12:10 PM
There are more reasons than one why I wished I lived out there. This is one!
Wish I was closer to help out Mike!

Hammertime
02-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Is this just a one day event or a over nighter?

87xj95disco
02-18-2010, 11:11 AM
one day march 20th
9am sharp

87xj95disco
02-18-2010, 09:08 PM
talked to eric from atlantic british. we are going to have them again for sponsor and eric will not be able to join us this time. will be getting to box from them in about 2 weeks.

Rob P
02-18-2010, 11:19 PM
one day march 20th
9am sharp

And when Mike says 9AM he means 9AM*

*What this really means is that only half the people who say they are coming will be there at 9AM and only half of those people will actually be registered and paid by 9AM. It's kind of a goal like crossing the polar caps or climbing Everest. Many of our members attempt it (the 9am start, not the other things) but few will ever be on time.

pushngo
03-12-2010, 10:29 AM
How is the sign up looking for this event??

I got my truck back together last night and am looking forward to the show!!

87xj95disco
03-12-2010, 09:04 PM
not sure but once we get together over the weekend i will let you all know.
but with the rain things should be fun getting them ready. looks like it should be nice for next week but we will see.

87xj95disco
03-13-2010, 05:51 PM
work day was good. with the wind and rain the trails are done. the
only thing left to do is make sure the pole there still standing tomorrow.
all the trails are on the top on the hill nothing at the bottom. if anyone is
coming to help tomorrow sunday the 14th be there about noon.

so who is all coming on the 20th.

Rob P
03-13-2010, 11:24 PM
List of Drivers for Saturday March 20th 2010 R.O.V.E.R.S. Spring Trials Event:

1. Rob P.
2. Jill
3. Dana
4. Randy
5. Jarek
6. Wait N See?

Will update
as needed

Disco96JSWB
03-15-2010, 03:24 PM
My Land Rover is in pieces so we're going to be spectators.
It looks like the weather could be nice, so that should help increase the turn-out for the event.
Does it make sense for anyone to post a notice on any other Rover boards, or do you think people have generally gotten the word already?

- Jeremy

galen211
03-15-2010, 04:04 PM
My Land Rover is in pieces so we're going to be spectators.
It looks like the weather could be nice, so that should help increase the turn-out for the event.
Does it make sense for anyone to post a notice on any other Rover boards, or do you think people have generally gotten the word already?

- Jeremy

No one has gotten the word.

Someone should pass the info. around....

Disco96JSWB
03-15-2010, 04:54 PM
No one has gotten the word.

Someone should pass the info. around....

That's my perception too. I'll volunteer to post it in a couple of places. (Rovers North, Muddy Oval, D-90 Forum if I can get access, unless people are already regulars on those sites . . . ?)

So here's some wording from last Spring . . . Anybody have any suggestions for changes/additions? (address, cost to participate are the two things I was thinking about)

"The R.O.V.E.R.S. club will be holding their Spring trial as well as an open house on Saturday, March the 20th in Robesonia, Pa. All Land Rover owners are welcome. The event starts at 9:00 am and ends about 4:00 pm. Trialling is an event, the object being to drive through a prescribed course without incurring penalty points.

Come see what your Rover can do.

Ask questions about your Land Rover or any of the vehicles belonging to members. If you wish to join our club forms will be provided to fill out, a yearly membership of $25. New members will receive a t-shirt, sticker and a newsletter."

87xj95disco
03-15-2010, 08:34 PM
it was not changed on the rovers home page to let everone know.
crazyfish please email me back has anyone heard from him.the site need to be updated with links,events,pics.
the weather is going to be sunny and 64 so that will not be a
issue.
sponsors; well AB will be sending me something but other then that no
one got back to me or just said no.
i sent out 13 letters asking for prizes and what ever they can throw at us.
either the economy sucks that bad or they just dont want to hand anything out.
for the fall event (yes i have all ready started thinking about it) there will be an open house to anyone with a land rover to check out the club and the event. there will be a letter typed up and posted in every land rover dealership in the tri-state area and also will be posted in every auto body shops, parts stores and where ever we can think of or see a land rover parked. copy of the letter can be email to you at your request to post in your area. the fall event will be more detailed and organized then last year. hope the weather is better too.
for the spring and fall event rovers members will be $28 and spectators $8
i have registration forms if anyone needs to reg. at the event.
see you there.

Rob P
03-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Is anybody coming up to drive???????

Hammertime
03-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Jill is I need new motor mounts and tranny mounts.

scatterling
03-17-2010, 06:26 AM
I'm working in Boston this weekend :(

87xj95disco
03-17-2010, 07:52 AM
wow jill and rob p.
well we have first and second we need one more.
this is going to be the smallest group yet.
whats going on here.

galen211
03-17-2010, 08:10 AM
whats going on here?

What do you expect? Nothing has been advertised anywhere. Not on dweb, d-90, guns-n-rovers, rovers north bbs. They all have event sections that you can post to. Are you guys even on these sites? I don't know how anybody owns a coiled truck without the tech info on discoweb. Likewise for a Series truck on GNR or RN BBS.

Nobody goes to our website, they all come to the forum. If you have information post it here. Link past event photos, garner relationships with new people, etc...

IMO letters in dealerships are going to get you people in brand new LR3's and RRS's. These people are going to be pissed when they get a stratch in their car. It is the wrong market for Robesonia. I am constantly amazed how many LR owners are out there, they just need to be found and brought back to a really fun club event. One of the best in fact.

Disco96JSWB
03-17-2010, 09:50 AM
IMO, Galen's right. We haven't done an effective job of marketing our event utilizing this forum, e-mails, the ROVERS website, and the other forums he mentioned. It's a shame, because Robesonia is a highlight of the club's calendar of events.

Having said that, my truck is not running and my kid has a basketball game, so maybe I'm part of the problem . . .

- Jeremy

rvrsrvc
03-17-2010, 01:03 PM
So what's changed since last Fall? That was a well attended event if I recall, and so was the Spring.
I had posted links to this forum about the Trials on all of the major Rover-centric sites several times last year, and I aplogise for not doing that for the Spring '10 event. Probably and out of sight, out of mind thing as I couldn't attend!
Admittedly, I lost some momentum with inconsistenet access to the internet, but it may not be to to late?

Just noticed the starter thread for this is a bit weak if we're trying to let people know what it's about, where it is etc..Anybody have time to insert text into the first post?

87xj95disco
03-17-2010, 06:37 PM
then we need more helping out not just a few.
only a hand full show up for workdays, and no im not on every rover site out there. discoweb im on only a few times a month if that. i dont have time to surf all the site and have money to deck out the disco with everything.
we need to do more as a club to get people to join. if anyone has a better idea then do it. i enjoy help setting up the trails and getting things ready.

grnthng
03-18-2010, 09:17 AM
If I had known there was an attendence problem sooner, I would have posted on D-90 source... I'm on there a lot. I could still do it real quick... too late to post the details but I can direct them to Roversclub.org.
I wasn't going to attend, because of worn tires.....but I think I will come out Sunday with my kid to watch or help out. I will try!

Luis,

pushngo
03-18-2010, 09:31 AM
If I had known there was an attendence problem sooner, I would have posted on D-90 source... I'm on there a lot. I could still do it real quick... too late to post the details but I can direct them to Roversclub.org.
I wasn't going to attend, because of worn tires.....but I think I will come out Sunday with my kid to watch or help out. I will try!

Luis,

On Sunday it will be lonely out there come on over on Sat with the rest of us and have some fun!!

grnthng
03-18-2010, 09:47 AM
On Sunday it will be lonely out there come on over on Sat with the rest of us and have some fun!!

LOL, oh crap, I was just going to post when I suddenly realized this and you beat me to it!
Well, I'll be so close too.... but where to park a UPS Freight doubles tractor-trailer on the property... just kidding.
I guess I'll try to get back as early as I can Sat. morn. from my run, throw the kids in the Lwb run back out.
Randy, I'm still interested in the r.view mirr. and a good radio if you did get to find them. PM me on the price so I can bring enough money!

Luis,

rvrsrvc
03-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Mike, nobody's blaming you! If anything thanks for all of your efforts! Jeremy had already posted on D-90 and immediately, Trae Ruewer posted questions that pointed to there needing to be more info. Galen often posts on other Forums as well.
I think we, as a club, nailed the description on previous posts and it was easy to post a link to the thread on other sites. We just missed it this time.

So let's pull up our sleeves and get it together for the next one!

As an aside: What do you think about maybe adding one at Rausch- they just nearly doubled their property size. Bruce Shallis is a good guy, I'm sure he would entertain the idea of "roping off" a dedicated area for fututre events.

Hammertime
03-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Dana's Driving Also. got the motor mounts in today. trannys mounts should come tommorow

Rob P
03-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Is Mr. Push N Go going to drive on saturday? If so that makes 4 signed up and if not then we are up to only 3 drivers.

Mike (Mr 87XJ95Disco) and Lyle (aka "this course isn't tight enough or hard enough") just might drive in the field to fill it out.

billcooper
03-19-2010, 11:31 AM
I've been a member for a while but never been able to make any of the events, this one might be possible though. Would it be a problem to show up later in the day? Not sure if I can be there for 9:00am, but it would still be nice to get to know some of you folks.

Bill

pushngo
03-19-2010, 12:37 PM
I'll drive and Jarek and Bill Adams are supposed to be there also

I have some parts for a few Guys let me know now if you need anything

Someone at the Fall event said if I had brought the galvanized Series rack they would have taken it. Do you still want it I can get it loaded up Trevor may have more info on what it fit

Grntng I have a auto dimm here I believe was for you it has a plug in the back I don't have an OEM Radio for a Rangie

rvrsrvc
03-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Galvie rack came from a 88" and includes the ladder. Used to be on Tom Stauffer's Rover, but he took off the hardtop.

grnthng
03-19-2010, 04:52 PM
10-4 on the auto-dim mirr. Randy! No problem on the radio!
Won't be driving the course, I could only make it around lunch time to support!

Let me know if you guys need anything while I'm heading over!

Luis.... 201-852-0401

Jarek M
03-19-2010, 08:14 PM
I'll be there. Maybe I can finish the course this time without killing the truck.:D

Jarek M
03-19-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm sure it somewhere staring right at me but how do I get there?

pushngo
03-19-2010, 09:41 PM
From d90 and Trevor G

The physical address is 101 E. Mountain Road, Robesonia, PA 19551 (near Reading)

Jarek M
03-19-2010, 09:51 PM
thanks

87xj95disco
03-20-2010, 08:11 PM
well we had a very nice day for the event. even with the lack of getting the word out and up on the rovers site we had a small group turn out. 4 discos and a d-90. i think everyone had a good time. took our time to walk the trials and had a chance to sit and talk for a while at lunch.
thanks again to david for letting us use his land for the event.
the winners are.
1 rob p.
2 dana h.
3 randy w.
4 jill
5 jarek
thank you all for coming.

ok as of right now the fall event will be on oct 23 and 24
camping out no water/electric. details will be posted asap
i will make sure that it will be!
mark it down now, dont want to hear that you did not know about it.

if anyone know about any other events or gatherings please post up on the site.
a few ideas was suggested today that were very good and just might be used.
elliot had a good time after he got use to everyone and being in a new place.

grnthng
03-21-2010, 11:21 AM
First I wanted to say sorry to Dave for calling him Doug all afternoon and thanks to him and his family for hosting!
Peter and I had a great time even though we didn't drive!

Luis,

Rob P
03-21-2010, 10:51 PM
I had a very good time Saturday and was quite suprised to win the thing. My thanks to the blind judges that were there. Lyle had us run the last 3 stages in reverse gear as in backwards. That was the worst. Already looking forward to the Fall event and driving in that.

As always at any of our club events there was great people to meet and talk to and some very different vehicles to look at and compare. I am always glad I found and joined this club and you the other members make me feel that way. Thankyou.

Rob P
03-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Tower of Terror!

rvrsrvc
03-23-2010, 07:22 AM
So no leaf spring peeps? Yahoo lists down?

Rob P
03-23-2010, 10:17 PM
It was a poor turnout Trevor, We had 18 people attend and that includes the McMullins. Beautiful day, nobody there.