PDA

View Full Version : Tires

tjfslaughter
02-16-2010, 10:34 AM
I am kind of new here! I am in the market for new tires, does anybody have an in the business connection? I am looking at tire rack and some of the other online resources...... Tire Rack has good deals but you end up paying $120+ to have them mounted and balanced.......

Thought I would ask around.

pushngo
02-16-2010, 10:50 AM
What are you looking for?

tjfslaughter
02-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Bf Goodrich all terain T/A's 31"

rvrsrvc
02-16-2010, 12:48 PM
I have a wholesale account with the Tirerack, am jjuuuuussssttt a little sympathetic to Rover's owners, have a Corghi rim clamp and an Accurate tire balancer.
I am also in Africa until mid- April.
How long can you wait?

tjfslaughter
02-16-2010, 01:19 PM
I will have to take that into consideration. I was hoping to have new tires around March 1. Frank B. has an event on the 7th and Robesonia is also coming up.

I will do a little more research, but most likely I will wait till you get back.

tom

pushngo
02-16-2010, 03:39 PM
I can get them drop shipped to you let me know a size and model and I will get a price for you

tjfslaughter
02-16-2010, 04:43 PM
I think this will fit nicely on a factory hieght Defender
267/75/R16 Load E
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T%2FA+KO&partnum=675SR6ATAKORWLV2&i1_Qty=4

Does anybody have suggestions other than the BFG All Terrain T/A's for a daily driver???

rvrsrvc
02-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm a tall and skinny tire guy myself, so you may want to ck out the 255/85 as another option.
A stock D could handle a 285/75 as another tire size option.

Bridgestone REVO is a great A/T. I think they have a higher tread wear rating than the BFG AT, handle standing water very well, reasonably good in mud and snow with lower pressures. Not cheapest, but I think a good value.

As another comparioson, check Interco tires. There Truxxs M/T is a solid tire, reasonably round, and surprisingly good road manners.

pushngo
02-17-2010, 01:43 PM
I think this will fit nicely on a factory hieght Defender
267/75/R16 Load E
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T%2FA+KO&partnum=675SR6ATAKORWLV2&i1_Qty=4

Does anybody have suggestions other than the BFG All Terrain T/A's for a daily driver???

That is a good price with the sale on but I can get them to your door for about that somewhere around $175

Coniston
02-17-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm pretty happy with my Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs. If I'd bought the tires, I'd probably have leaned towards the BFGs...but the truck came with the Wranglers, and they were good enough that I wasn't spending money to replace them! (Well, ended up replacing two last year, so now I'm really stuck with them.)

But they're not bad on the road...and I've hammered a lot of highway in them. They have also worked well in my limited off-road pursuits.

From my understanding, they're not the best tire for conditions in this area...but I'm happy.