PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 rants and raves

Rob P
03-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Figured I'd start a folder for this. Seems like we have a similar love of good racing on this board.

I haven't seen a F-1 race in two or three years. Anybody in the York area interested in getting together to watch races? (Can't at my house, no cable.......sorry)

rvrsrvc
03-04-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm trying to find satellite to watch next weekend's race. But I'll gladly host some when I get back!
Everyone here is gaga over this "football" (NOT American football), but I think it's a fad...

Rob P
03-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Is next weekends race the first one of the season?

Shall I start a WRC folder also? I love that stuff too.

Ivar
03-05-2010, 02:02 PM
but I think it's a fad...

Talking about that, my brother in SA has 3 tickets for the soccer world come semi finals at a give away price if anybody is interested. Please let me know urgently as it is first come first serve. See below.

Yes, its the first F1 race of the season ... cant wait. Pity about the US F1 team though. Good idea to have this thread, so I can say what I really feel ... Schumacher is boring to watch, but good that he came back so that Hamilton wont look so boring.

rvrsrvc
03-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Nice. Hope somebody will clean 'em before I soil my trousers.
As an asisde, Andrea's girlfriend that climbed Kili with her this past week is from Charlotte. She has a hospitality company and she also represents Nationwide drivers and crew chiefs.
So here she is in Africa talking/texting with Richard Childress and Delana Harvick. Kinda surreal.
So she said that the USF1 o rwhatever it's called hasn't generated a whole lot of buzz there. Hopefully, we'll go to visit her and see Peter Windsor's facility before the economy forces a business decision.

Rob P
03-07-2010, 11:05 AM
That would be cool beans. Most likely in a far away state though.

Any chance of a picture or two from Africa?

grnthng
03-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Ferrari's coming back to life, eh!

rvrsrvc
03-15-2010, 12:47 PM
After Massa's freak accident last season, they did seem to lose the ability to produce results, but they were using a test driver who probably wasn't up to Ferrari race driver standards. Obviously a good test driver judging by the prior results, but not quite able to find that last few thousandths....

How about Schumi? For not having been in a competitive car (officially) since 2007, and the motorbike injuries, I'd say well done! And good on him for coming full circle. I remember watching him in the Merecedes Group C cars many moons ago running LeMans and Spa etc. in Endurance racing.