PDA

View Full Version : Summit Point Raceway

rvrsrvc
03-07-2010, 02:54 AM
Back when I was racing, Summit Point was my "home" track. I haven't been to a race weekend there in many a year.
Summit is home to many amatuer road racers. The main track is 2 miles long with 10 turns and amazing spectator fllexibility. One can move around to any grandstand or viewing area with just the cost of general admission.
As I said, it's been a long time, but I understand they have 3 paved tracks, an off road course, a shooting range, anti-terroist training and many other activities going on at any given time.
So, the first race of the season is the weekend of April 24th and I was wondering if anyone would like to go for a day trip or a weekend?
The race organisation is www.wdcr-scca.org for the MARRS race series and Summit Point is www.bsr-inc.com

rvrsrvc
03-07-2010, 03:03 AM
Well, I was just wandering around the BSR site and discovered they have greatly expanded their facility. Check out the Unimproved Road Training and Off Road Training in the Anti- Terroism module!

I am going to put Tyler through the Accident Avoidance training module for his birthday, and maybe I'll treat myself to something as well!

pushngo
03-07-2010, 09:15 AM
I think April 24th is the OK Offroad Event at Rausch Creek

rvrsrvc
03-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Not sure my D1 has keys, let alone be able to start and run by then!

pushngo
03-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Found the keys today. Started right up. It's a tank

rvrsrvc
03-08-2010, 12:00 PM
So all I gottat do is bleed the RF caliper and refill the rear diff, and she's good to go?

pushngo
03-08-2010, 01:55 PM
So all I gottat do is bleed the RF caliper and refill the rear diff, and she's good to go?

It is still in a snow bank but I will get it out before you get home and have it somewhat ready

Ken Heaton
03-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Hey,

Back when I was racing, Summit Point was my "home" track. I haven't been to a race weekend there in many a year.
[/url]

Back in the days when I was an SCCA flagger, I used to go the national races at Summit Point, I always liked it down there. I would be interested in going down for a race this year.

rvrsrvc
03-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Ken, I raced from the early 90's to the early 2000's, but have been going there for more than 35 years!

Ken Heaton
03-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Maybe I can take my Series there camping one weekend.