PDA

View Full Version : '74 Series Fuel Pump Issue

JLynch
04-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Just completely restored a 74 Series lll. Trouble with Fuel Pump (brand new original Glass type). Cannot Get pressure up to 2lbs (what the manual calls for), only getting a 1/2 pound. Changed the check valves from rubber type back to fiber type. Any help or alternatives are greatly appreciated.

Tom Bache
04-07-2010, 09:19 PM
HI,

I am not sure what the problem is, but have a couple of questions:
Is it a genuine one or aftermarket replacement? Does it fill the glass bowl and not push the fuel up to the carb? Have you attempted to remove the inlet line and connect a vacuum gage to see if it is actually creating a draw on the tank. You can't create pressure without anything to push. It may be the diaphram inside has a split/crack. You can get a kit to rebuild your original if you like. let me know how I can help you.
Ken Heaton has recently had fuel pump issues, it may turn out it was a fitting, not the pump.

Tom

tjfslaughter
04-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Hi,

I remembered reading this post. I needed some parts from England and found these guys.

http://www.keithgott.co.uk/parts_images.html

It looks like they have your fuel pump for a fair price. I talked to them via skype and they have been very helpful on the parts I need.

tom