PDA

View Full Version : This has to be a scam.....

derekdilks
04-12-2010, 06:49 AM
But if not I want a finders fee ;)

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/1686930525.html

tjfslaughter
04-12-2010, 08:43 AM
It is a scam. Craigs list has been trying to stop that one. They get you to send a deposit then "poof" they dissapear.

tjfslaughter
04-12-2010, 08:43 AM
It is a scam. Craigs list has been trying to stop that one. They get you to send a deposit then "poof" they dissapear.

Ivar
04-13-2010, 04:18 PM
So I responded using my email address that I use for junk like this. I asked what was wrong with it because it was going so cheaply, and here is the response I got:

Hi,
I am selling this Defender because my platoon has been sent back to Afganistan and don't want it get old in my backyard. The price is low because I need to sell it before April 20. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident..I do have the title , clear, under my name.Vin #SALDV3242VA122356.The Suv has 110,000 original miles.
It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad $4,300 . The suv is in Billings , MT , in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.
Regards!!!

Interesting :confused: !! He will even take care of shipping!

crazyfish
04-13-2010, 05:01 PM
reply - "No way! I'm in Billings this week for business, where is it exactly? I'd love to take a look at it....."

mlp141
04-13-2010, 07:36 PM
I e-mailed him too -- got the same response, except that it had to be sold by the 18th, not the 20th. I replied that I have cash and would meet him in MT Friday or Saturday. Never heard back.

Also, I noticed that the name that came up as the sender and the actual e-mail address were different -- Brandon Denham is the name listed, but davidtunn11@msn.com is the e-mail.