PDA

View Full Version : Fellow on RN board looking for parents' Series

siiirhd88
04-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Jopa on the Rovers North board is looking for his parents' old SeriesIIA 88. last seen in Pa. Anybody remember this Rover?

Bob

Quote:

Searching for my parents 2a last seen in Pa.

Needle in a haystack I know....My Land Rover addiction all began back in the early 1960's. My parents bought a new 88 basic hard top complete with a meyers plow. We lived outside of Valley Forge Pa in Phoenixville. It was Marine blue and had a rear tailgate/liftlid set up. I recall that it had a kodiak Mark 3 heater which dates the truck to the early 60's. If our memories recall correctly it was a 62 or 63. My parents sold it to someone who lost their rover in a garage fire back in the late 1970's. It stayed in Pa at that point. Ive tried to find the vin number but have had no luck.
I imprinted on that truck and have been into rovers ever since. Hopefully some of you from Pa have seen or come across a marine blue 88 with fixed windows/rear lift lid/plow and lights fitted to the roof. It once had Valley Forge Army hospital DOD decal on it as well as my hippy brothers flower power stickers stuck to it at one point.
If any one has seen such a truck/knows of a similar truck please let me know.
Id like to find it...J

jopa