PDA

View Full Version : Getting a series II restored

mlp141
05-22-2010, 06:41 PM
OK, I've bitten off more than I can chew. I thought about selling my 65 '88 and buying something in better shape. But I like her. Thing is, I don't have the space to (or proper know how) to do what I'd like done.

That said, what options are out there? I have no idea what my budget is -- or what it'll take. But I'm interested.

I'm not looking to make her showroom spec, but I'd like her to be much more together than she is now.

Frank84
05-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Take some pictures of what you've got. Show us the worst rot areas. Does/did it run since you've had it?

Disco96JSWB
05-23-2010, 06:34 PM
I had a chance to see Mike's Series II last fall when I was in the neighborhood. My impression was that it needed some brake work and then would need to be 'debugged' over a period of time (like every other vehicle that's been sitting for awhile). I can't remember any part of the chassis that looked structurally (versus cosmetically) bad. The fact that it has an NJ antique tag already is a plus. My 'free advice' would be to pay for new brakes (M/C, wheel cylinders, etc) and clutch hydraulics, and then drive it. I don't know if there's a decent place to have the work done in central NJ, but it's a pretty straightforward job.