PDA

View Full Version : Robesonia - Fall 2010

crazyfish
08-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Camping, Land Rovers, Mud, Raffles, Courses and fun. The annual Robesonia Trials will be held Oct 23rd and 24th. More details to follow.

****UPDATES***** from Mike

On oct.16th and 17th trail work for the fall event, anyone that wants to come up
and help please do. meet at robesoina at 1000am both days.

oct 23rd the novice will run. tom bache will be setting them up.

lunch will be provided; hamburgs, hotdog, sausage, mac/potato salad. chips, drinks.
prize will be handed out after scores are added up.

pot luck dinner that saturday night. Rob Pierce will in charge of the dinner.
please contact him on what you are bring.
camping over night. no elect./water.
there also might be a night run behind lyles place ( details are being worked on)

oct 24th the advanced will run. lyle will be setting them up.
bring your own breakfast.

lunch will be from tonys pizza,drinks and snacks.

prizes will be handed out after the scores are added up, 50/50 raffle.

if anyone wants to bring some parts with you to try and sell please do so, but if you dont
want to drag the parts with you please make a list with what you have and a contact.
we can put up a board with a list of parts for sale.

PREREGISTION IS A MUST FOR BUYING THE FOOD.

members that are going to run the event will be $28
spectators will be $8
club members are only to drive at the event.

tjfslaughter
08-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Look forward to it. Do you need reservations for the camping??

bfmcelroy
08-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Lets get the details :-)

I guess I can talk to Lyle at A Taste of Britain on August 22nd?

He's usually there with his big LR

87xj95disco
08-03-2010, 07:26 PM
it wouldnt hurt to put you down for camping. not sure on space right now but will post.

Look forward to it. Do you need reservations for the camping??

tjfslaughter
08-12-2010, 09:26 AM
it wouldnt hurt to put you down for camping. not sure on space right now but will post.

I look forward to it. I have a nice sized tent, and look forward to the trip.

grnthng
08-15-2010, 09:41 AM
I will be there, if nothing comes up.
Are the Trials still on Sunday?

tjfslaughter
08-25-2010, 08:30 PM
I am kind of getting excited about this event. Can anybody post some sort if itinerary.

I am not sure if it is a drive down on Friday or Saturday morning. I have a lot of guide level camping equipment and could provide some help with cooking equipment, lighting etc....I could make a huge pot of chili....

I almost have the wife convinced that I need a safety systems roof rack for the trip :)

Rob P
08-26-2010, 06:47 AM
Typical itinerary goes like this:
9am drivers sign in
9:30 drivers meetiing
10am Start
Noon lunch
Drive til done usually about 3pm
Camp and eat around dark

Sunday do it all again

Marshals are always needed!

tjfslaughter
08-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Thats good. That will give me Friday night to top off all the fluids in the truck.... Would it be possible to unload the camping equipment from the car prior to the start? I have a good sized wall tent...

tom

Rob P
08-26-2010, 10:52 PM
We have a very loose start timeat the actual event that on paper and online is very rigid. Unloading camping gear prior to the start is recommended. Ask Dana what can happen when you least expect it.

Not sure if saturday is the novice or the experianced drivers. If it is for the novices and you are driving in experianced then you'll have plenty of time.

Hammertime
08-30-2010, 09:37 PM
First dibs on camping spots. lol

crazyfish
08-31-2010, 02:27 PM
Check first posting for updated information from Mike.

87xj95disco
09-02-2010, 06:35 PM
as of right now its;
me,brett,gabe (camper but by the house)
tom "tjfslaughter" (camper or tent)
danna "hammertime (tent)
lyle (tent)
rob peirce (camper)
need to know who is useing a tent or camper.

tjfslaughter
09-02-2010, 11:10 PM
as of right now its;
me,brett,gabe (camper but by the house)
tom "tjfslaughter" (camper or tent)
danna "hammertime (tent)
lyle (tent)
rob peirce (camper)
need to know who is useing a tent or camper.

I am bringing this tent. This pic was taken at 8,000 feet in Montana last October...... I might need a little more overhead clearance than some pup-tents...

Rob P
09-03-2010, 06:04 AM
Overhead clearance isn't an issue. The rain last fall was a MFer though. I towed my pop-up camper up to the site and had to get pulled by Lyle half way up. Worn out ATs in muddy conditions just don't cut it.

Ivar
09-03-2010, 08:46 AM
I will be there with a stupid little tent that leaks :o

tjfslaughter
09-03-2010, 09:58 AM
I will be there with a stupid little tent that leaks :o

It's ok, I am jsut wondering if my tent leaks more than my Land Rover.....

pushngo
09-04-2010, 08:18 PM
I'll be there tentin'

87xj95disco
09-05-2010, 01:05 PM
so far a nice group camping out should be fun

bossongs
09-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Count us (4) in for Saturday night. I've got a 2-person roof top on the 110 and will be pulling a Tentrax for the the other 2. The trailer has a very small footprint.

Ye_Old_Blue91
09-09-2010, 03:28 PM
I'll be there helping and for the event

Lyle4LClover
09-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Hello all! As usual I just figured out my password again so I can post just before the event. I really do work too much! I hope we have a big (dry) crowd this event. Last years rain made it interesting for driving but really sucked for camping, cooking, etc. We will be camping on top of the mountain again and if it gets too full there will be camping below if need be. Camping is primitive with a short drive to the nearest little blue building but lots of trees if need arrises. I hope to have volunteers come out the weekend before to help set up the courses as it is everyones input before the event that makes it good. Saturday will be the novice sections, set by Tom and fun for all. They will introduce newcomers to the sport of Trials and will be challenging but not in a way the courses the next day will be. I will be setting the Sunday courses, and I already have some good ideas! Sunday will be more challenging with more of the terrain on the ridge used. I know it's early and many are going to MAR earlier in the month. I hope to see you there too but I would like to keep the posts going with a running head count for the work days and event itself. The more that can help, the better the courses will be. There will, of course, be items for sale, bring your Rover bits to the event and we'll have free setup down at the house. If anyone has any questions, ask me. I can either answer or find the answer. You can always email me at Lyle4LClover@aol.com too.
Thanks and hope to see you all here!
Lyle

87xj95disco
10-03-2010, 06:57 PM
who is coming up for trail work on the 16th and 17th.
we need volunteers to man the grill for saturdays lunch.
there will also be a bulletin board to post your parts.

87xj95disco
10-06-2010, 08:35 AM
please try to prereg. if possible. if you are going to reg. at the event
please have exact change.

rvrsrvc
10-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Any chance we can plan ahead and have some change available? I love this club and love to share it with others; it's often a the first time new members come out and the first time to make a great impression. Awkward payment issues shouldn't be the first thing they see! If there aren't any immediate club funds, I'll bring $100 in small bills that can be returned sometime during the day?
Anywho, I'll be up for Saturday with Max and Frannie. Don't know which Rover yet...

87xj95disco
10-13-2010, 11:37 AM
sure if you have small bills thats fine. the last time we had to wait to
get change for people. i didnt have any extra club money with me and tom bache was running late. ( wife was sick) everyone showed up with $100 and $50 bills which put us alittle behind. i was thinking if we had exact change get people up and paided we could talk a little longer be for starting. would make it fast to get things done and moving along and maybe a longer lunch too. any thing else that could help let us know. as of right now only 5 are showing up for work days. would like to make new trails but with the little help, we can only do so much just hang in there.
c u all there.

80-One
10-13-2010, 03:05 PM
What time are people turning up for Saturday & Sunday work days?
I'm working on the "honey-do" list now so I can be released on parole at the weekend!
Cheers
Steve

Rob P
10-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Saturday 9AM at Robesonia. Sunday TBD.

80-One
10-14-2010, 10:26 AM
I'll be there Saturday am.

Steve H

Lyle4LClover
10-14-2010, 08:42 PM
I'd be glad to see some new faces this weekend! I think it's going to be a little chilly and windy in the AM but I'd rather have that than hot trying to walk up and down the mountainside! We have the whole ridge to come up with advanced trails to be run the following Sunday and I'd really like to change it up a bit if I can. It takes manpower and ideas to make it happen though, I'll be the guinnea pig! I always love to go first! I am still trying to negotiate with the land owner below my dad to see if we can set up a trail or two or at least a run through with the trucks. I'm going to try again tomorrow. My father also wants to build a new trail. Not sure of the terrain as it's covered in sticker bushes. He's going to run through first with the 1952 Oliver cleattrack to clear the way. It will be following the last remaining property line that has not yet been cleared. Dress warm and bring your machette, chainsaw, camera and ideas. Work days can be as much fun as the event! If anyone has questions or gets lost just give me a call at (484)357-9058
Lyle

80-One
10-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Helped out laying out some new sections yesterday.

If we have some more rain (as expected), Robesonia should be fun!
The new sections are off to the right of Dave's property.....along the top property line.
He has bought a 1950's Oliver dozer which made easy work of clearing new trails! (Neat little thing....power take off etc.).

Steve H

Lyle4LClover
10-21-2010, 08:11 PM
We have 6 sections for the novice on Saturday and 9 for advanced on Sunday. Yes they let me alone unsupervised making trails on Sunday! :eek:
I will be looking forward to a good crowd as I know both Trevor and Randy have been helping to promote the event as I've gotten several calls from people that plan on coming up. I took off tomorrow to be sure I actually get the signs on the sections and road turns BEFORE people start showing up this time! :) I will be sure to have grills, tables, coolers up at the camp site early this time. Looks like it's going to be a great weekend with nothing falling from the sky till later on Sunday, full moon ought to be a treat too. Bill and Pammi will be making score cards again and Clover Farms Dairy have donated a case of iced tea and lemonade for the event. If anyone needs directions, gets lost or has a question email me ( Lyle4lclover@aol.com) or give me a ring on my cell (484-357-9058)Hope to see everyone here!
Lyle

03springer
10-22-2010, 08:08 PM
I won`t make it. I opened my mouth to some friends about helping me move on Sunday, totally forgetting about Robesonia:eek: Oh well. I guess moving is just a wee bit more important. Yea right!!!!

Bob

Rob P
10-22-2010, 09:32 PM
What about saturday? You can come up saturday too.

Lyle4LClover
10-22-2010, 10:11 PM
For anyone last minute, use this address in your GPS:

120 East Mountain Ave.
Robesonia PA, 19551

Hope to see you here!

Lost? Call me at (484)357-9058

Lyle

audiS4S6
10-23-2010, 09:19 PM
LR newbie here. I went to this event this morning and had a great time.

Thanks to Dave for the awesome forest for the event. How lucky is the club to have a resource like this?!

Thanks to Eric (also newbie) & Luna (his dog) for the ride in one section.

Thanks to Lyle for his directions and help in getting there.

And, thanks to all for a friendly meet! I look forward to getting my DI on the road (trail).

I am in the garage right now getting my disco together. A sudden burst of inspirations!

Cheers!
Dave Kase
E'town

grnthng
10-23-2010, 09:23 PM
I was hoping to be there Sun. but a one day project with a friend just turned into a two day project ( for a good cause though, preserving a badly rusted frame on an otherwise gorgeous '00 DII ). I will post some pics on that!
I also want to apologize to Randy for any inconvenience with the parts I was supposed to pickup!

Luis

billcooper
10-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome and a good time today. Got the truck home with no reverse just fine, now tomorrows project is to crawl under and see what went wrong.

Disco96JSWB
10-24-2010, 08:01 PM
We'll load our pictures to a Picasaweb album, but here are a couple that stood out . . .

Jake and Jeremy

Hammertime
10-24-2010, 08:04 PM
We'll load our pictures to a Picasaweb album, but here are a couple that stood out . . .

Jake and Jeremy

THEY MUST BE INVISIBLE LOL

rvrsrvc
10-24-2010, 08:09 PM
The black D2 is the new Roverlab employee's ride! Way to jump in with both feet, Keith!

Disco96JSWB
10-24-2010, 08:09 PM
THEY MUST BE INVISIBLE LOL
Technical difficulty . . .

Disco96JSWB
10-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Here's an album with 100 million pictures from Sunday's trial . . .

http://picasaweb.google.com/bannister556/RobesoniaFall2010?feat=directlink

Hammertime
10-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Awesome as usual. Thanks, I swear your pics make the Defender look alot nicer than it really is. Cool

Rob P
10-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Good times, I really enjoy the time I spent with our club and especially trail trialing. Jeremy, thanks soo much for taking fine pictures. Thanks Randy for the headlight, that got installed tonight after dark in the driveway.

87xj95disco
10-25-2010, 06:42 PM
sounds like everyone had a good time. we got 4 new members over the weekend.
pics look very nice, thank you for posting them.

congrats to eric taylor for winning the novice ( build a rover ticket)
with a stock d1 street tires and no low range.

congrats to bill simon first place on the advanced ( power washer )
with " lyles rover"

congrats to nicole fry for the best carnage.

other then that see everyone in the spring.

pushngo
10-25-2010, 07:09 PM
other then that see everyone in the spring.

No one told you about the Winter Event yet??

Yeah...yah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chains, snow and Ice Are we camping???

87xj95disco
10-25-2010, 09:06 PM
No, and who's crazy idea is that's or should I guess

pushngo
10-25-2010, 09:42 PM
OK but Lyle LOVED the idea!!

Rob P
10-25-2010, 09:46 PM
You know you want to four wheel with chains on. Does this mean I have to go without?

Hammertime
10-26-2010, 07:42 PM
No one told you about the Winter Event yet??

Yeah...yah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chains, snow and Ice Are we camping???

Im in,

Lyle4LClover
10-28-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm working on some ideas for the winter event. I'm looking for input and dates and will start a new thread. I'm thinking of courses somewhere between an Esher print and the lunar surface in difficulty. I'll make those! Camping is a must. A dinner menu similar to the last reminding me of a famous Floyd album. Did anyone see any veggies? I hope everyone had a great time. I am renting out my truck next event too. If anyone needs a good ride let me know, highest bidder you know, gotta pay for the damage each time! Anyone have a red and amber tail lens? How 'bout a set of wings for a II ? I'll take any suggestions for a winter event and of course come up with some of my own. Can you imagine sledding on some of those hills? Till the next event..... :)
Lyle McMullan

Ivar
10-29-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm thinking of courses somewhere between an Esher print and the lunar surface in difficulty.

Sounds interesting! Make sure the prints are out of the frame because the glass could break and ruin the entire event :rolleyes: