PDA

View Full Version : Defender Bonnet and radiator panel

CMS3900
08-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Hello all its been forever since I have been on the forum but my landie has been down for overhaul. Im currently doing a engine swap on my SIII and I'm trying to source a defender bonnet and radiator panel to give me some more room under the hood. Hopefully I can get it done by winter so I can actually have something to join the club with. :D

Thanks,
Morgan
goldfire39@yahoo.com

Rob P
08-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Oh you can join the club with a non-runner. We'll happily take your money and offer free advise. Just like a Fortune Teller at the circus. Besides, then you'll have a cool sticker for that Stage 1 SIII you are working on.
As far as a bonnet and grill I'm not sure if anybody on here would have one but watch CL in Baltimore, a guy there posts defenders about 4 times a year.

siiirhd88
08-17-2010, 09:45 PM
This place offers fiberglass Defender bonnets and other body parts. I don't know anything about them.

http://www.roverracks.com/

Bob

Todd138
08-17-2010, 10:01 PM
I think I saw a guy on Land Rover Exchange with a defender front end. Try D90 Source I think I saw another guy to there too.

CMS3900
08-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks guys. I guess it would be a stage one clone. On the other hand, I was thinking of pushing the SIII grille forward and doing some sheet metal work with fabbing a new hood so it would retain the SIII front end. Part of me wants to retain the series look but the other part of me thinks it will look goofy with a "SIII Defender" grill. I found the guy on LRE I will shoot him a email and I am checking out D-90 Source now. Thanks guys.