PDA

View Full Version : Adult Toys

Rob P
09-08-2010, 10:13 PM
I seem to have a problem. I have got Matchbox Rovers here at the house.
Every time I go to a Big Box Retailer I seem to find another Matchbox Rover I don't have.
The worst are the 10-pack sets with Rovers in them and I know that paint sceme won't show up in a single pack.

Bet now I have found a "pull back and let go" Range Rover Sport tonight at Rite-Aid.
If you are a fan of mini-Rovers go out and look for this one (in grey) near the cash register.

Now I know that serious collectors might scoff at this kinda collecting but it works for me.
6-110's
5-90's
5-Range Rovers
4-Discoverys
1-AA battery powered Monster 110
The new pull back Range Rover.

At least 2 of these I have to count as Grady's not totally mine.

grnthng
09-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Rob, I have 2 of them from Rite Aid, an orange 1 and a burgundy 1!
Not are they only wind-ups..... they are fast as well! My son and I race them against a fast wind-up ( Karting, racecart ) and the RR's win every time!

Rob P
09-11-2010, 01:24 AM
I look for the wind-ups everywhere I normally go but who would have thought that Rite-Aid would be the place to have them. I want a wind up Disco now.

grnthng
09-11-2010, 07:59 PM
I had a super great hobby shop in the town next to me.... he had every thing from R/C; 1/43 scale collectables; every scale of train stuff; ETC:
What I can't understand is why he closed shop.... he was in a prime location and was allways busy!
What a shame!

oscar
09-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Whole hell of a lot cheaper than the real thing.....:D

1 -90 and about 50 Rolls Royces.... (Don't ask....)

Rob P
09-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Any chance of a pic of the RRs?

Tom109
09-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm on the wagon so to speak. Today I left one sitting on Walmart's shelf - a green 110 safari (matchbox) with "anaconda" stenciled on the door.

I already had it in several other colors....

Tom P.

Rob P
09-12-2010, 10:05 PM
I got a new one at target today in a 5 pc set. It is a 110 with pale green paint and says "Forest" on the door. I already had the Anaconda one. The orange 110 is popping up a lot lately.

oscar
09-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Any chance of a pic of the RRs?

OK, I exaggerated.....not 50, more like 20. Not shown are the posters I have hidden somewhere waiting for the climate controlled display garage.... someday.

http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/PicPages/Linkto_files/IMG_0001_1.jpg

When the kids get off the payroll I may be able to afford a real one again. Here's the one I had, sold it about 6 years ago....

http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/PicPages/Linkto_files/Rolls2.jpg

Rob P
09-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Totally smashing ride Oscar. That's the real deal right there.
Now I have to get off my duff and take a picture of all mine in one shot.

oscar
09-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Yes that was a real sweet car. Nothing exotic, reasonably affordable. 2/3 the price of a Defender. It was a 51 with a 52 Freestone and Webb body. Unrestored. No rust. Body was good, cloth was good, leather was OK, wood the same.

I redid the entire fuel system, brakes, clutch, exhaust, tune ups etc. About 10K in parts. This is what will get you, and you HAVE to be a rivet counter with these. It would be blasphemy to do otherwise.

Then sold it for what I paid for it (minus the parts). But we had a good time driving it, and the club is a blast.

We say you don't own a Rolls, you have temporary stewardship over them.

More pics here: http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/PicPages/Rolls_Royce.html

03springer
09-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Kind of reminds me of that taxi I seen, I think it was Trevor or someone, brought up to Robisonia:)

Rob P
09-16-2010, 09:54 PM
The london taxi belonged to Pigmypotomus.