PDA

View Full Version : Heater Core

03springer
09-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Hey everyone, I been smelling coolant inside the truck ( 2001 D2 ) for about a month now and I`ve losing coolant also. I bought a new heater core with O rings . I just started lookimg at the Rave manual and this is redicules what it is saying to do. I have to disconnect the air condition lines? Remove steering wheel and whole dash?

Does anybody know where I could take it to get fixed other than the stealership? I really don`t have too much time to work on it right now and I need to get it fixed before winter sets in. I live in southern Lancaster county Pa. This is not my daily driver so it not like I need it asap.

Thanks, Bob

Rob P
09-26-2010, 08:46 PM
You didn't think that fixing ANYTHING on a Rover would be easy did you? There is this little shop in Elizabethtown called Roverlabs that does this kinda work.
Look up Trevor on here.

I just put new door locks in both front D-2 doors and was shocked to have to take the window frames part was out of the door to remove the lock mechanism.

03springer
09-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Thanks Rob, I knew about Trevor I was just seeing if there was anything a little closer to me. I`ll end up calling him if nothing else a little closer. I did my window regulator myself and it was pretty easy. But you got to admit, This is a little redicules replaceing a heater core. There has to be short cuts you can do.:D
The easiest 1 I did was in a Ford Bronco. Easy as pie;) .

crazyfish
09-27-2010, 08:19 AM
I'm betting it's your head gaskets.

pushngo
09-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Or valley pan or maybe as easy as a t-body heater

Get it over to Trevor before you spend a lot of time and money on something it might not be

I can't say I've ever seen a heater core go on a D2

03springer
09-28-2010, 07:16 PM
I dought head gaskets. The carpet inside is wet. The o-rings at the connection to the heater core I hear can leak. If I`m going that far a new heater core is going in also.

I`ll give Trevor a try. Thanks Bob

audiS4S6
10-20-2010, 09:22 PM
bypass it for now and wear long johns. ;-)

Seriously, just bypass it for now to save the smell, coolant loss and your carpet.

pushngo
10-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Yea get ahold of Trevor we have seen a few of these all of the sudden.

The way Rave tells you to do it is a 10 hr job it could be done in 3ish ...with a sawzall ...just kidding

03springer
10-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Hardy Har Har!!! A sawzall?? And I was thinking of using a torch! LOL I may just bypass it for now. I`m in the middle of moving and it`s hard to find time to do it when I have to work 12 hr days :(

Bob