PDA

View Full Version : M A R Report?

Rob P
10-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Well fellas, how about a MAR report. You all who went must be back by now.

rvrsrvc
10-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Thursday was a great day for travel. Really. I was able to avoid rearranging Neil's back bumper with the LR3/trailer/DiscoI combo on at least 2 occaisions by invoking handfuls of ABS.
The sky's ceased their deluge just long enough for us to move the party tent from the "Family" side of the camping area to the "ruffians and yabbos" area and pitch our personal tents. This was done with 2 tow vehicles and trailers with Chainsaw Johnny and Neil shouting accented commands at the Canadian and myself.
Glad it wasn't caught on a lot of film.
Oh, and the water crossing into the camping area was over the deck of my trailer by several inches.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday were gloriously beautiful days with over 200 Rovers in attendance. The James was a ragin' murky mess and slightly limited access to at least one of the trails. Winches were in constant use at least Friday and after awhile one couldn't tell the difference between the pasture patties and the mud. The cows were not impressed, nor interested.
Trails were not always clearly marked but I believe all had a good time.
We had limited access to Pearl's Pond until some participants ignored the rules limiting contact with those land owners and stayed on the property well pass the midnight curfew, and then we had no access, and likely will never again.
Our compound included Steve (80") Fred (D2) Neil and Kelly (D1), Trevor and the Roverlab(D1), Randy (D2) Mike (88") MAtt (109) Matt, Des and Landon (D1), Galen (88") Bob (109 V8) Pouch and Stacey (D2) Jeff, Jennifer and Abigail (2 RRC's)and Chainsaw Johnny spent time across the way in the President's compound with his (formerly Jeremy's, formerly mine) RRC.
Dana (D90)and Jill (D1) set-up nearby with a few folks.
Did I miss anybody?
Never have I seen so many dogs that got along so well!
I had the opportunity to fix the Raffensperger clan's 109 on the way in (throttle linkage) and D1 (no start then later overheating), Galen's winch and poor running, and rescue a day old calf that promptly pooped all over me. They call me The Rover Whisperer, and my trusty steed, The Cowbulance.

scatterling
10-05-2010, 06:10 AM
...I was going to add something but that just about covers it. Oh, Galen finally won something at the raffle, although it was a $50 gift cert. to a domestic used car parts place. :D
Thanks again to everyone - really needed this weekend.

Ivar
10-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Nice report Trevor. 12:15 am ... Were you sitting outside smoking a Habanos while sipping on a single malt?

rvrsrvc
10-05-2010, 03:42 PM
I wish. i was actually waiting for Andrea to get home from the hospital, this time as a patient. Something called PVC -Premature Ventricular Contractions. It was weird, you could feel her pulse pause briefly, she'd cough lightly and voila, a pulse. Can be brought on by coffee, alcohol, stress, lack of sleep, several (actually all) she's familiar with. Well, the stress is relatively new, so she's off the caffeine- oh that'll be fun -and hopefully the stress will be sorted out by the end of the month. Plus, she's travelling at least 1 to 3 days every week through October.

siiirhd88
10-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Here are a few photos, including the cow rescue. I have a buch of others I'll be posting on Photobucket this week.

I had a great time, even though I left early. I need to get bumpier tires on the wife's 109 for when its muddy.

Bob

siiirhd88
10-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Here are a few more photos.

Bob

Frank84
10-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Looks like a ton of fun!

Disco96JSWB
10-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Looks like a ton of fun!

It really does . . . someday . . . <sigh>

Rob P
10-05-2010, 10:42 PM
It really does . . . someday . . . <sigh>

Same here. Realistically would $250 cover the weekend including admission/club dues to their rover club/food/gas? Or would it be more like $500? I need to plan this kinda trip well in advance kinda like a 3-month trip to Africa.

rijosho
10-05-2010, 10:51 PM
JackW from the Solaros club takes a bunch of amazing pics each year...no exception this year.

Re-posting for those of you who may not know or know of him. Took me a good 2 hours to get through them all! Looks like he or his camera was just about everywhere.

http://solaros1.smugmug.com/Land-Rover-Events/MAR-2010/14035445_xuwci#1032894840_M3pdQ

pushngo
10-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Same here. Realistically would $250 cover the weekend including admission/club dues to their rover club/food/gas? Or would it be more like $500? I need to plan this kinda trip well in advance kinda like a 3-month trip to Africa.

Depends on travel it is 600 miles door to door (for me that is) @ 9mpg x $2.60/gal = $175 + $120 to get in $120 food (shared) about $415 or if you had of jumped in with me priceless

Trevor is spot on I had a good time saw some old friends made some new a great trip...didn't take a single pic ...damn

siiirhd88
10-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Here is the link to a clump of MAR photos on Photobucket:

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/SIIIRHD88/Rovers/MAR%202010/

Enjoy,
Bob

siiirhd88
10-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Did anybody at MAR pick up my two chairs that I forgot and left? They were aluminum and white canvas folders, nothing special.

Bob

rvrsrvc
10-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Yup, I got 'em! Bring to the Trials?

siiirhd88
10-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks Trevor!

I remembered about them about half way into NC..... If you will be around I can pick them up on Friday.

Bob

Yup, I got 'em! Bring to the Trials?

AmityD90
10-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Looks like you all had a great time. Hopefully next year I'll be in attendance.
Maybe I'll see some of you at ROTR II:)

Gery