PDA

View Full Version : OK, back to Rovers.

oscar
10-12-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm back. Spent the summer doing other things, including but not limited to restoring a 25 foot folding trimaran, building and fielding a pair of arbalests, sending a kid off to college and so on and so forth.

Now I'm picking up where Evan left off. Hannibal has been moved from deep storage to ICU. Pouring a little gas down the carb it runs. (good). See through fuel filter just upstream of carb shows nada. (bad) Disconnecting fuel line from carb and cranking does not produce a fuel spill. (bad) Disconnecting supply hose from fuel pump and connecting a piece of see through hose and a vacuum pump shows fuel and corn flakes. (very bad).

I guess we'll start with cleaning the fuel supply. Electrical system needs help, like a new harness. Need to swap out the tub with the one sitting on a dolly next to it...furniture needs everything, so do doors..... and so on and so forth.

The self imposed deadline is that this truck will be fully functional at the Spruce Cabin event this spring.....wish me luck.

http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/PicPages/Linkto_files/IMG_0046.jpg

Rob P
10-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Best of luck. Nothing beer, bratwurst and band-aids can't overcome.

oscar
10-13-2010, 07:58 AM
Thanks.

First question. The tub is birma bright, but has three steel ribs riveted to it athwartships...... These are rotten. Are they available?

rijosho
10-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Looking good! You're out in Bethlehem, PA? I'm out there from time to time, and may be out there again soon (Lehigh University). If I remember, I'll try to hit you up...great looking garage, by the way.

oscar
10-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Yup. Give me a holler. Beer in the fridge. I am less than 10 minutes from Lehigh.

Tom Bache
10-17-2010, 09:28 PM
HI Oscar,

Save me the old tub. Let me know if and when I could come get it.

Tom Bache