PDA

View Full Version : Series 3 Alternator Bracket

bossongs
02-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Looking for an Alternator Mounting Bracket as used on later Series IIa and III models ...picture attached.

Regards, Steve B.

crazyfish
02-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Ike at Pangolin4x4 makes nice new ones. http://pangolin4x4.com/pangolin4x4/products/alternatorbrackets/alternatorbrackets.html

bossongs
02-03-2011, 05:10 PM
That looks like it will fit-the-bill. Appreciate the link.

Steve B

siiirhd88
02-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Ike's bracket is for a Delco 10si alternator and mounts the alternator up high, in a more accessible location. Note that my Ike bracket has broken twice, and I believe Neal's has broken once. I welded mine up and added a few gussets for strength.

Let me know if you need a factory alternator bracket, as I have a spare. It is for a Lucas or similar alternator with twin mounting ears.

Bob

spechols
02-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Ike's bracket also failed for me - He sent a new one - no questions asked.
But I would add a high strength bolt and nut where the plats are welded together as a safety back up. Seems to work OK.
Stuart

galen211
02-09-2011, 12:17 PM
How long did it take to fail? Mine has been installed for over a year and never a problem. Wonder if I should check it....

spechols
02-09-2011, 02:37 PM
How long did it take to fail? Mine has been installed for over a year and never a problem. Wonder if I should check it....
Less than a year

scatterling
02-14-2011, 03:43 AM
I have Ike's on the 88" (don't know how long Sven had this setup) - seems fine so far. I have the brackets made by Robert Davis on the 109" ( leaves the alt in roughly the stock position) and that setup has also worked well.

bossongs
02-20-2011, 11:19 AM
I purchased the brackets from Ike - looks pretty solid with a lot of welded surface area on the lower bracket. I wonder if he's changed the design?

Hope to get my yellow '88 back on the road in time for Spring Robesonia. I'm working on a diesel conversion and have some plumbing and wiring work to complete before the motor drops back in. I wrapped-up the tranny rebuild (was popping pout of gears) and have that reinstalled after cleaning up some minor rust and sound deadening work on the firewall plus adding a battery box under the driver's seat ... timing will be tight.

Steve B.

Rob P
02-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Time is tighter than you think. March 12th is course setup and March 19th is the trials. Seems very early this year but I don't remember the dates from last year off the top of my head. It's gonna be squishy up there on the hill.....

3 weeks to setup and 4 weeks to trials!!