PDA

View Full Version : Spring Robesonia Trials Event 2011

crazyfish
03-05-2011, 01:44 PM
It's that time of year again! Work day is March 12th with the one day event being on the 19th. New trails, bring your Land Rover and test your skills! Always nice prizes and lots of fun.

Land Rovers, Mud, Raffles, Courses and fun. More details to follow.

****UPDATES***** from Mike

On march 12th trail work for the fall event, anyone that wants to come up
and help please do. meet at robesonia at 1000am

lunch will be provided; hamburgs, hotdog, sausage, mac/potato salad. chips, drinks.
prize will be handed out after scores are added up.

prizes will be handed out after the scores are added up, 50/50 raffle.

PREREGISTION IS A MUST FOR BUYING THE FOOD.

members that are going to run the event will be $28
spectators will be $8
club members are only to drive at the event.

87xj95disco
03-05-2011, 08:19 PM
since the johnsonville bratts where a big hit in the fall we could have them
and hotdogs for the little ones. unless you want tonys pizza that day.
if you want a cookout i need a head count to go buy the food.

here is an idea: if you see a any land rover while out and about see if they would
like to join us for the day. the last few times the spring event has been small that we could have some visitors. feedback yes no

cris_rrc
03-08-2011, 08:19 AM
It's that time of year again! Work day is March 12th with the one day event being on the 19th. New trails, bring your Land Rover and test your skills! Always nice prizes and lots of fun.

spectators will be $8
club members are only to drive at the event.

Can I get more info on this , location and times for the 19th ? going to see if I can drag the wife on this one but we'll be going as spectators , do I need to pre-register?
I never been to one so what goes on the 19th?? Thanks for the info

87xj95disco
03-08-2011, 07:42 PM
101 East Mountain Ave., Robesonia, PA. 19551
Kindly hosted by the McMullan family.

Directions:
From Philadelphia etc.
Rt. 422 West. Approaching Robesonia, turn left onto S. Freeman Street, follow for approx. 1 mile. Turn left onto Furnace Road. Approx. 50 yards, turn left onto East Mountain Ave.. Approx 400 yards on left. 101 East Mountain Ave.
From Harrisburg etc.
Rt. 422 East. Go through Robesonia, turn right onto S. Freeman Street, follow for approx. 1 mile. Turn left onto Furnace Road. Approx. 50 yards, turn left onto East Mountain Ave.. Approx 400 yards on left. 101 East Mountain Ave..

it wouldnt hurt to fill it out and send it in that way i can get the food (if a cookout) on friday befor i come up saturday morning.
be there between 9 -10 am hope to see you then.
will keep updates on weather too

its a trials event to test your off road driving skills. theres 10 course set up. we will go over in more detail at the drivers meeting.

cris_rrc
03-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Ok we are officially going as spectators only but looking forward to a good time

cris_rrc
03-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Is anyone going to Robesonia from Jersey jumping on RT78 ? just asking maybe we can tag along ....not sure if I want to go early sat. or mid-day friday and stay over in a hotel for the night since I have a 2 and 3 year old with me .

scatterling
03-13-2011, 08:07 PM
since the johnsonville bratts where a big hit in the fall we could have them
and hotdogs for the little ones. unless you want tonys pizza that day.
if you want a cookout i need a head count to go buy the food.

here is an idea: if you see a any land rover while out and about see if they would
like to join us for the day. the last few times the spring event has been small that we could have some visitors. feedback yes no

Hey Mike, if you're still doing a head count for the food, add 4 to the list. Also 1 driver, maybe 2. See you Saturday.

thechrisr
03-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Count the Lessards from Milford PA in. 2 adults a 5 year old and a 1 year old. Looking forward to a good time.

JerseyMudrat
03-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Mike,

When is the cut-off date for a head count, or did I miss it ?

I'm not going to get my "rig" set-up in time to haul it out for a mud bath, but we are "thinking" of driving the street car to PA and enjoying the event as spectators, or helpers if you need any.

Lyle4LClover
03-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Hello all, courses are set. We have mild (Dad made them) to wild (yes, they let me make some!) and everything in between. We made all sections with my '96 Disco so all you coilers won't complain they're made with a garden tractor (my '62 series II) this year! By the way, that '96 is for sale if your interested! All sections have been driven, a few are re-used from last year only backwards or changed a little bit, some are me just randomly driving through the woods looking for terrain (I'm good at that). There is a nice hill climb at the top of the mountain right at the cliff, short at about 8' but all but straight up, we've gone down before, but never up, it can be done! I hope everyone shows up early for the event so we can get started. So far I have only two pre-registered envelopes show up. Next event there will be a discout for pre-registering. Hope to see everyone there, please email me if you have any questions at
Lyle4LClover@aol.com
Thanks, Lyle

87xj95disco
03-15-2011, 10:40 AM
head count is about 15
the cut off will be thursday night.
we talked it over and we are going to get pizza from tonys. we can save the cookout in the fall.

WEATHER REPORT 56 degress and a 10% chance of a shower

rvrsrvc
03-16-2011, 03:26 AM
Heeheeheee, it was 86* and sunny here on Maui. And, we got to see at least a dozen humpbacks, with2 breaches. Absolutely amazing! May be able make it up Sat pm.

JerseyMudrat
03-16-2011, 01:20 PM
I will be attending as a spectator, "spying" on the experianced drivers to try and learn a thing or two.
If you need an additional pair of hands to help out with anything, just ask.

Please count me in for pizza.

Hammertime
03-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Count Jill and me in for the trials and food.

cris_rrc
03-16-2011, 09:14 PM
So far I have only two pre-registered envelopes show up. Next event there will be a discout for pre-registering.

One of those has to be mine I send it last week along with a check for 2 adults spectators and 2 children 2 and 3 yrs old , ...by the way do we drive right into the property or there is a gate or something?

Disco96JSWB
03-16-2011, 09:24 PM
2 more spectators
(Jake and Jeremy)

thechrisr
03-17-2011, 08:22 AM
So far I have only two pre-registered envelopes show up. questions at
Lyle4LClover@aol.com
Thanks, Lyle

The lessards are still planning to come. Sorry, I forgot about the form, if its ok, I'll have it ready when we arrive.

87xj95disco
03-17-2011, 08:47 AM
One of those has to be mine I send it last week along with a check for 2 adults spectators and 2 children 2 and 3 yrs old , ...by the way do we drive right into the property or there is a gate or something?

just drive right up on the property. follow the arrows and signs c u there

87xj95disco
03-17-2011, 08:53 AM
looks like about 30 so far good turn out if everone shows up.

JerseyMudrat
03-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Crazyfish,

I didn't get the trailer finished, so no mud for the Jersey MudRat on this occation.

However, the latest head count from our camp is that 3 hungry spectators will attend.

I know tonight is the cut-off, so I'll commit to 3 and pay you when I see you on Saturday. If less show up, so I'm out a few bucks.

Looking forward to meeting you and other club members.

Should be a great Landy Day.

pushngo
03-17-2011, 06:50 PM
I'll be there Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Lyle4LClover
03-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Hello, hope to see you all here! Should be a good time. If anyone has any last minute questions, email me at Lyle4lclover@aol.com or call or text me at 484-357-9058.
Lyle

Hammertime
03-17-2011, 10:45 PM
2 more spectators
(Jake and Jeremy)

Spectators or Specticles? Which is it? lol just kiddin

Disco96JSWB
03-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Spectators or Specticles? Which is it?

All of the above!

scatterling
03-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Well, well, well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same old story - Land Rover's!!

The 109" isn't coming tomorrow - there is a klack,klack coming from the bellhousing when I accelerate, took the truck partially apart again ( looks like something isn't centered, don't ask me why! without taking the gearbox out I can't tell)

The 88" is leaking like a sieve from the overdrive!!!! (just started on the way home today) don't have a clue why but I should see in an hour or so!!!!

....and the Disco has the winch out and in a thousand pieces!!!!!!!! drained a lakes worth of water from the motor and everything is seized and or rusted together!!!!!

Should be a fun evening!!!!!

I'll be up in something in the morning.

oh, in case I forgot: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
....and, yay for Land Rovers
:rolleyes:

Lyle4LClover
03-18-2011, 09:15 PM
hang in there Neil! Hope to see you here!
Lyle

cris_rrc
03-19-2011, 09:28 AM
half way there running late be there before noon I hope cant miss me look for the yellow disco 1

DiscoSux
03-19-2011, 08:32 PM
A big thanks to Dave, Lyle and others involved in organizing and running the Spring Trials event. This was my first and my son (Jensen) and I both enjoyed it.

Great courses! Great People!

I certainly learned the value of the CDL and paying attention to even the easiest gates. What a blast. I can't wait 'til Fall!

Dave Kase
white '95 Disco - now with operational CDL

Rob P
03-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Trials was great. Not much I enjoy more than four wheeling with friends. We (whole family) had a great time. Thank you one and all for a great time.

cris_rrc
03-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Very nice event first one in Robesonia and it will not be the last , next time I will be running , thank you Lyle for the bushings I made it back home just fine .

rvrsrvc
03-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Sorry I couldn't stay longer- we were able to get in a 42 mile ride- but as always, great to see everybody!

DiscoSux
03-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Sorry I couldn't stay longer- we were able to get in a 42 mile ride- but as always, great to see everybody!

Thanks for your instructions on the quick CDL repair, Trevor! She went like the dickens with the newly found traction! I even got a couple "0"'s!

JerseyMudrat
03-21-2011, 01:31 PM
A really enjoyable and memorable day !

Thanks Dave, Lyle & Mike for great event, it was good to meet you and all of the club members & families and a special thanks to Ma for getting the pizza & cup cakes.

It was great fun being a spectator, gave me an opertunity to learn the rules and some of the strategies. But in the fall I'll be looking at the courses from inside the Jersey Mudrat.

Thanks to everyone for making Saturday a fun day.