PDA

View Full Version : Getting a shudder around 2500 RPM

PerryBrits
06-01-2005, 10:39 PM
99 Series I

A couple of weeks ago the truck started to stall. I cleaned the Stepper (which was very dirty) and replaced the air filter and the truck idled Ok. A few days later it threw a code 0304 and 1316. I replaced the plugs and wires, changed the oil and cleared the code. The truck seems to be running OK, but now I am noticing a shudder around 2500 RPMS on the flat or uphill. I will try the Seafoam through the vacuum line next. Any other suggestions?

JohnC
06-08-2005, 11:11 AM
99 Series I

A couple of weeks ago the truck started to stall. I cleaned the Stepper (which was very dirty) and replaced the air filter and the truck idled Ok. A few days later it threw a code 0304 and 1316. I replaced the plugs and wires, changed the oil and cleared the code. The truck seems to be running OK, but now I am noticing a shudder around 2500 RPMS on the flat or uphill. I will try the Seafoam through the vacuum line next. Any other suggestions?
Happened to my 96 DI, it was the TPS.

AnyRoverUwant
06-28-2005, 03:24 AM
Try Heet its in a Yellow Bottle also you might want to replace your fuel filter.. That should work.. I had the same problem and I did those two remedies and no problems since.. Good Day