PDA

View Full Version : Ok to post a link to my fundraising page?

rvrsrvc
04-26-2011, 09:09 PM
I've found a new hobby, cycling! I'm involved with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. In exchange for funraising for blood cancer research, they train me to ride 100 miles around Lake Tahoe in June. Not a bad gig.

I'll post a link to my fundraising website if it's ok with the powers that be?

Thanks!

Trevor

Frank84
04-27-2011, 04:32 AM
Just got back from a bike ride myself! I'm doing a 100 mile ride in Long Island this June.

I don't think the powers that be (who are they anyway?) will mind if you post a link.

rvrsrvc
04-27-2011, 04:43 AM
Frank, that's fantastic! I've never ridden with an organised bunch before, excluding BMX when I was about 11, and am very pleased with the results. We started riding in February, our rides are now more than 1/2 distance, and 100 miles doesn't seem so daunting.
The other aspect to this is the number of people in my life that have had blood cancers affect their lives, and I had no idea.
I attend spin classes at 5.30 am 3 days a week, have all kinds of cycling kit, attend all of the training rides and am about 70% to my goal of $4100.

Help me fund blood cancer research!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/cpa/ambbr11/tgriffiths

Pretty soon, we're going to have to add a G4 event to the Trials....

Rob P
04-27-2011, 06:57 AM
I used to cycle 20 miles twice a week when I was younger and on second shift. Now, I'd have to do the 5:30am thing like you to get to work by 7am.
Having Keith at the shop must be working out great. Gives you time to start a new hobby.

scatterling
04-27-2011, 02:24 PM
have all kinds of cycling kit

...ya, and you look super hardcore man hottie in spandex... ( add german techno accent for affect) :D

rvrsrvc
04-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Zee chamois insert es veery flattering, ya?

DiscoSux
04-29-2011, 07:09 AM
...ya, and you look super hardcore man hottie in spandex... ( add german techno accent for affect) :D

I've negotiated for Trevor to do a one hour roof rack adjustment on my Disco in his bicycle pants for $100.

I'm bringing a lawn chair and a cooler. I am hoping he drops some hardware. :p

rvrsrvc
05-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Come on peeps! I'm close to my fundraising minumum, and there's only a few weeks left!
I've added a couple of pix to the fundraising page, so those in need of bike short pix will probably be disappointed! The website is secure, quick and easy.
Neil, help me out here; you're near the top of the list tell 'em how easy it was!

scatterling
05-04-2011, 01:36 AM
$4352!!! wow you are almost there.

ok, so here it is - hand Trevor money
- Trevor puts money in pocket.
- Done

see how easy.

It is for a great cause and he does look good in yellow !!

rvrsrvc
05-04-2011, 02:24 AM
Yes, I put it in my pocket, but that was to transport it home where I wrote a check to the LLS on Neil's behalf. They don't take cash!

Frank84
05-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Are you wearing safety goggles while cycling? Seeing you in spandex was worth a couple bucks...

rvrsrvc
05-05-2011, 03:49 PM
I have a drawer full of safety glasses, tinted and clear! No fancy Oakleys or Bolles for me!

rvrsrvc
05-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks to Dave, Ken, Matt, Galen, Frank,Neil, Josh, Gery, Art and Brandon for helping me reach my goal!