PDA

View Full Version : ARB compressor location in D1?

Disco96JSWB
05-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Before I bought back my old D1, I bought Derek's old ARB compressor and lockers.

I've been looking at where I might locate the compressor, and looking for info online.

Seems the possibilities are:
1. In front of the air filter assembly (kind of dirty, wet and hot)
2. Under the driver's seat (not much room, kind of low for mud holes)
3. In the back corner (wiring harness isn't that long)

Anybody got any helpful opinions to share?

rvrsrvc
05-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Can't remember which compresor it was- the large or small. If it's the small one that is only used for running the lockers- ie a short run time infrequently- the underseat mounting wont be annoying.
The large compressor used to run tools or inflate tires will have long run times so it'll be noisy if mounted under the seat.
My compressor is actually a RRC EAS compressor mounted under the rear passenger's floor above the upper rear suspension link. But, the Genuine compressor is usually mounted in a wet area normally, with a remote inlet. I fabbed an inlet up above the rear taillamp, inside the body. If I get water up that high, I have other issues!
Mounted in front of the air box in the engine compartment is also logical, unless you plan to add a second battery. The compressor would be fine there unless you plan using the Disco as a submarine often....

Disco96JSWB
05-02-2011, 02:32 AM
Thanks, Trevor. It's the little compressor (only used for the lockers). In my searching I found an old post (I think it was on Discoweb) where you explained how you'd used the RRC EAS system on your Disco. I'm pretty sure I'm going to mount it in front of the air box, although I might take one more look under the driver's seat before I decide . . .
Thanks again,
Jeremy