PDA

View Full Version : Early 110 split middle doors, any experience with them??

airbornrover
05-13-2011, 08:20 PM
I am in the process of tearing down some early 110 doors that I purchased earlier in the year(130Tdi). One problem that I have come across is one of the studs snapped just below the "stud nut" if you will. (there is no stud nut, they just drilled and threaded the bottom rail of the door top) I drilled out down the center of stud best I could and applied an extractor to remove the broken stud. Long story short it will not move :hitwall :WTF. I torqued one of the tap and die holders I was using on the extractor to rotate it. Large pair of vise grips are slightly chewed from rotating and slipping around the squared section of the extractor bit.

Going to take the lower door frames to a welder with a section of channel that came with the doors and have them replace bad sections of channel and rusted out sections in the top area. I'd do it myself (weld class in middle school) but dont have a welder.

rvrsrvc
05-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Have you considered the Rocky Mountain door tops? Superb quality, aluminum so no more corrosion issues, but will need to be painted.
http://wiseowlparts.com/

airbornrover
05-14-2011, 12:01 AM
These are the middle doors and they dont have anymore of the split middle doors that they produced ~5 years ago.