PDA

View Full Version : can't pop the hood open

bfmcelroy
07-21-2011, 02:51 AM
I just can't seem to get myhood open.

No matter how hard I pull on the hood latch inside nothing gives.

I've pushed on the hood and even jumped a bit on it and still nothing.

I need to move this thing (Battery needs charging)

Frank84
07-21-2011, 04:04 AM
What rover?

If DII do the following (others similar):

Have one person pull on the latch under the dash and another person bang on the hood. Pound hard enough with your hands to almost dent it just above the first "R" in "ROVER" on the front of the hood. Keep hitting it. It should pop.

parovertech
07-21-2011, 04:18 PM
The hood cable is probably stretched, which is a common problem, you have to grab the cable with pliers and pull hard!

bfmcelroy
07-21-2011, 07:36 PM
What rover?

If DII do the following (others similar):

Have one person pull on the latch under the dash and another person bang on the hood. Pound hard enough with your hands to almost dent it just above the first "R" in "ROVER" on the front of the hood. Keep hitting it. It should pop.

1996 Disco SE7

pushngo
07-22-2011, 08:28 PM
The cables tend to seize right at the T handle in the cab Pull it as far as you can and spray it with PB Blaster it should free up over night then lube it well when it finally gives

bfmcelroy
07-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Well, I pulled and pulled. I found a spray can of liquid wrench in the garage that I must have bought years ago. Sprayed it on and waited 30 minutes and viola!

Hood opened. Only needed to move the cable about an 1/8 inch or so really.

Thanks.

DiscoSux
08-11-2011, 06:23 AM
The cables tend to seize right at the T handle in the cab Pull it as far as you can and spray it with PB Blaster it should free up over night then lube it well when it finally gives

No, no, no, that will never work south of the border. Damn Canadians... :cool:

Regards,
Poseur Extroidinaire