PDA

View Full Version : 06 lr3 se v8

rvrsrvc
07-24-2011, 08:19 PM
I have a customer who is interested in selling his wife's LR3. It's white with a tan interior, navagation, xenon headlamps. It does not have the heavy duty or cold weather packages. This is a regular customer with his Range Rovers but this is the first time I've seen the LR3 as it was dealer maintained.
Came in with an air supsension fault and a coolant smell. The compressor is failing and the coolant smell was a result of a leaky "tee" fitting. On the follow-up test drive, the cracked thermostat housing showed itself and has since been replaced.
But, I added to the list, much of which is needed for inspection:
2 tires, left front wheel bearing assembly, rear brake pads and rotors, both inner tie rod ends, alignment, RH rear view mirror assembly.

So, the choice is between fixing all of these issues for the next owner, or sell the car at a value that is reasonable for the needed repairs.

My estimate included the replacement of these items with new parts:
EAS compressor and a soft ware update; 2 Continental tires to match the pair on the car; the cooling system issues; inner tie rod ends, wheel bearing/hub assembly, alignment; rear brake pads, rotors, wear sensor; RH rearview mirror assembly; engine oil and filter/lubrication service; PA State Inspection.
Cosmetics included a repair to left rear quarter panel (6" long scratch with a light crease); paintless dent removal attempt on right rear door; major interior and exterior detailing; parts shipping, PA labor and parts taxes, came to approximatly $4500.

The Rover is here and I can gladly post up some pix if anyone is interested.

KBB showed a $14k value in "fair" condition, and $17k in "excellent" condition.

What do you guys think?

parovertech
07-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Can you post the pics, and mileage??

rvrsrvc
07-25-2011, 02:39 AM
I'll post pix asap.

Disco96JSWB
07-25-2011, 05:21 AM
What do you guys think?

I've now had my '06 LR3 SE V8 for three years. The inner tie rod ends were just replaced for inspection, and the EAS compressor was replaced in the past.

The LR3 is a very comfortable 'car' in day-to-day driving. The 7700 lbs towing capacity is robust. In winter weather, with the right tires, it is very capable. I'm at around 64k miles and am hoping to go way beyond 100k. This one sounds like a good deal with the normal wear-and-tear items are addressed.

rvrsrvc
07-25-2011, 05:25 AM
Mine's at 85k and I have several over 100k that have needed nothing substantial. Although, I do recall 2 '06's that needed front diffs around 30k and yet a 3rd '06 needing a rear at 85k....

rvrsrvc
07-26-2011, 10:02 PM
various pix

rvrsrvc
08-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Ok, asking price is $13,000, which also covers my current invoice for the cooling system repairs.
Anyone interested?

Rob P
08-02-2011, 06:32 AM
So $13k and still needing $4k worth of work in very short order?
Think I'll stick to my '04 Disco for now.
(although that white would be nice on these 90 degree days)

rvrsrvc
08-02-2011, 03:34 PM
It's a starting point, but the estimate is at retail. other than the tie rod ends, paint repair and the alignment, the rest is bolt on stuff.

rvrsrvc
08-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Sold!