PDA

View Full Version : Fall trials Dates?

Hammertime
08-08-2011, 02:09 AM
What are the dates for the trials?

hilltoppersx
08-09-2011, 05:00 PM
if i had to guess i would say either 8/9? or 15/16? This is the next time I'm going to get out wheeling after our Mettowee trip next week. Now that i ripped my sway bars out i should score a lot better this time around as I can actually make turns smaller than a tractor trailer.

hilltoppersx
08-09-2011, 05:01 PM
we should roast a pig or a goat

87xj95disco
08-10-2011, 02:19 AM
ok here we go.
the work days for the trial are: October 15th and 16th. we need as much help
as possible. since david had a logging company come in and take a few trees it has left some open areas and new pathes. all NEW trails will be made. October 22nd the novice will go then the 23rd its the advance. cookout on the 22nd and it looks like a potluck dinner for that night with camping (no hookup) at the top of the mountain. im working on some sponsors and hoping to pull something out my hat. we will work on a menu for the cookout (need some one to work the grill) would like to have someone take charge on getting the potluck dinner together. if anything else come up i will try and post it ASAP.

airbornrover
08-11-2011, 05:35 AM
What is the Trials?

DiscoSux
08-11-2011, 06:38 AM
What is the Trials?

It is a series of flexible posts placed approximately the width of a Rover apart in the wilderness. Your job is to drive THROUGH them without touching them.

There are about 10 "gates" in each course. The further you get in each course without touching a post, the LESS points you get. Lowest score wins.

Lyle and help made a great course in the spring. I tended to concentrate too much on the tough gates and missed some of the easy ones. I actually got a "0" on one of the toughest courses and it was a little victory for me. A lot of fun watching others and learning how to handle your truck.

Check the forum for the spring event pictures. Dave has a great plot of land and some interesting terrain. Plus a cool-ass Forward-Control to look at while eating some grub.

Any doubts? Look at Dana's (Hammertime's) avatar -that was at "the trials"...

Just do it!:cool:

Rob P
08-11-2011, 07:11 AM
The roll over was extreme and driver boo boo. Carnage is usually just air dams, we had one person break a rear shock and somebody else broke a side window between sections. Drive slow and carefully and you'll drive home with some branch rash but nothing else.

airbornrover
08-12-2011, 04:25 AM
Where is it? I meant more like history, location,donation?, etc.

87xj95disco
08-14-2011, 05:05 AM
Robesonia, PA. (1 hour N.W. from Philadelphia)
101 East Mountain Ave., Robesonia, PA. 19551
Kindly hosted by the McMullan family
link http://roversclub.org/html/events.html
click on robesoina full details are on there.
started about 9 years now.

airbornrover
08-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Cool, appreciate the info.