PDA

View Full Version : New offroad park

galen211
09-30-2011, 05:21 PM
It isn't official yet, but you can schedule tours and go to this place right now:

http://www.anthraciteadventure.com/pages/ProposedArea/ScheduleATour.aspx

Would be a great club event. It isn't too terribly far away from RC.

87xj95disco
10-01-2011, 02:13 AM
just checked out the website. it would make a good club get together.
anyone what to set one up.

mlp141
10-01-2011, 03:45 AM
That's really close to State College. Too bad we're not there any more G.

DiscoSux
10-01-2011, 03:53 AM
Would be a great club event. It isn't too terribly far away from RC.

We don't even have events at RC!

Rob P
10-01-2011, 05:43 AM
>>>full size vechile recreation (x2)<<< The Full Size section of their site.

I think we need to schedule a tour in our Full Size "vechiles" so we can see what all the fun is about.

Rob P
10-01-2011, 05:51 AM
I know this area slightly, I have driven up through Trevorton before and also the Shamokin Dam area. Kinda unsure if this is closer or further than Rausch as it is in a slightly different direction from here. I would say further for the Easterners and closer for the Westerners.

Might be good to get our foot in the door early on this. Name some trails after Rover nomenclature etc.

galen211
10-03-2011, 05:13 PM
I know this area slightly, I have driven up through Trevorton before and also the Shamokin Dam area. Kinda unsure if this is closer or further than Rausch as it is in a slightly different direction from here. I would say further for the Easterners and closer for the Westerners.

Might be good to get our foot in the door early on this. Name some trails after Rover nomenclature etc.

This place is still 2+ hours away from State College. It is the same county I used to live in. It is close to RC if you take the back roads. It is a little farther north and you either have to go up the east side of the Susquehanna River where there are no highways or go up to Sunbury and drive down to it.

This is a great idea for this area. Locals have been going to these areas illegally for years. Its time to make some money from it. The area needs it too.

A few years ago a couple of locals thought it would be good fun to drive cars into the quarry at one of these sites. Put something on the gas pedal and watch it go. Of course when the cars were found the police swam down, copied the VIN and found them. Duh.

scatterling
10-04-2011, 02:25 PM
There's only about 27 miles separating Rausch from this new park. Really not far at all.

Ye_Old_Blue91
10-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Mike if you wanna plan something I'll definately go this place looks perfect for me

87xj95disco
10-05-2011, 04:44 AM
yeah i think we might be able to do this. i really need to get mine up and running now.

Rob P
10-05-2011, 05:21 AM
Hi Gabe