PDA

View Full Version : Snow!!!!

crazyfish
10-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Supposed to get 3-5 inches today, started snowing about 8:30, still not below freezing. Whoooo Hoooooooo!

siiirhd88
10-29-2011, 12:43 PM
We've about two inches so far here in York County, and it is very heavy and wet. We went out for a short bit to get gas for the plow truck and diesel for the tractor, and found the roads quite slippery, considering how warm it has been. With most of the leaves still on the trees, you can here the tree branches cracking. I think it is quite likely we will lose power, and I have to keep cleaning the snow off the satelite TV and internet dishes.

It was only two nights ago we put the pellet stove in service for the first heat this season..... Time to fire up the gas log for a test run, as it doesn't need electric to function.

Yep, just lost satelite TV again and it has only been 15 minutes since the last dish wiping..... During an old Top Gear episode, too.

I did note that the DII Kalahari needs better tires, or at least snow worthy ones.

Bob

crazyfish
10-29-2011, 12:52 PM
I had a nice old gas furnace that only needed a thermostat to work. When we got the new one, it has so many safety things on it, it won't work without power. Not really an upgrade... In the barn I have a 1898 Gas fired heater stove, no power needed and nice quick heat.

Rob P
10-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Bring on the snow. I took pictures of the jack o lanterns with snow on them today-after shoveling the slush off te sidewalk. I was in BJ's checking out at noon and their power flashed off and on.
For heat I have to put a pig tail (plug) on the furnace so it'll run off the welder in my work truck.
This would have made UGLY trials weather.

Tom109
11-04-2011, 11:16 AM
We finally got power back at work yesterday around 10pm. We also have power at home, but but we are the lucky ones. There are still ~1000 homes without power in our local community, and the update is they may not have power until Wednesday 11/9 (that's 11 days w/o power). This was a freak storm. I don't remember snow before Halloween, and neither do our trees - what's left of them that is!

Looks like a generator and snow blower have moved to the top of my list.

Tom P.

Rob P
11-04-2011, 10:11 PM
mom got power back on Wednesday evening.