PDA

View Full Version : Ringwood clean up?

cris_rrc
11-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Hey Frank is the clean up still happening for the end of november ??

Frank84
11-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Yes - late notice, but clean up is still on. I wanted to wait to post anything until I had a chance to go ahead and check on the trails this weekend. Well, they got hit hard with down trees and branches all over the place. So the focus will change for this trip from cleaning up garbage to reopening the trails. I'm sure we'll end up picking up some stuff though.

Details for the event are the usual:

Sunday, November 20th

Meet at my parent's house in Ringwood @ 37 Wanaque Terrace @ 9am.

Bring lunch, and PLEASE bring any and all saws for cutting up the downed trees and limbs.

Please post up with any questions and if you can make it.

cris_rrc
11-07-2011, 05:54 PM
sign me up then, I can bring some branch cutters and a chain saw from work my Disco is in rehab right now dought that it will be ready but if not I'll bring my 05' F350 turbo diesel from work its going to be tight on a few spots but I think I can make it .

Frank84
11-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Sounds good Chris. Jason Hagg made it with an F250 once - no problems.

cris_rrc
11-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Hey Frank will it be a problem if I bail out by noon? I just got notice that I have a family birthday sunday afternoon.

Frank84
11-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Hey Frank will it be a problem if I bail out by noon? I just got notice that I have a family birthday sunday afternoon.

This trip will end up being a bit different since we're not necessarily trying to get to the far reaches of the park so that shouldn't be an issue.

grnthng
11-13-2011, 11:47 PM
I wish I could join you guys... especially when it sounds like the chain saws will be busy!
I will be be busy with this... in a way its part of the fun. Managed to respray it before the temps got low, it just needs a lot of rust patching and some suspension attention!

Frank84
11-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Looking great! You going to leave the roof white (or is that silver?)?

Did you buy a spray gun?

grnthng
11-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Hi Frank, I have 2 an old 1 from my days at a body shop and i recently bought a more user friendly gun, cheap!
The month of September was an interesting one... my cardioligist puts me up at St. Michaels in Newark with 2 blcked arteries in my heart. After he tuned me-up ( 3 stents ) then i relaxed for a week....after getting resless I started to stripp down the 93 for a recontioning.
Wasn't expecting to paint it before the other work, but one thing led to another!
The black is Nason urrthane....commercial truck paint, covers really nice. And the roof is silver, yes... left over enamel that I found in my basement!

Hope you don't mind me posting this pic of you busy at work, remember this!

Frank84
11-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Wow - glad you're doing better. The truck is looking great though.

haha - nice picture. I guess i needed more speed...

cris_rrc
11-16-2011, 08:39 AM
This trip will end up being a bit different since we're not necessarily trying to get to the far reaches of the park so that shouldn't be an issue.

B-day got pushed one week so Im in for the entire day , ;)....and bringing my daughter for her first offroad trip is going to be a nice day

grnthng
11-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Wow - glad you're doing better. The truck is looking great though.

haha - nice picture. I guess i needed more speed...

Thanks Frank, doing much better!

Frank84
11-18-2011, 01:50 PM
As of now this looks like it will be just Cris and myself going - any other takers?

cris_rrc
11-18-2011, 08:16 PM
As of now this looks like it will be just Cris and myself going - any other takers?

Damn no one else ?? this used to get filled up in a few days

Frank84
11-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Damn no one else ?? this used to get filled up in a few days

Yeah, it used to fill up right away and the park was concerned about too many trucks. Not the case any more.

Should i try rescheduling for a later date? I've done it in the snow before and had a ton of fun.

cris_rrc
11-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah, it used to fill up right away and the park was concerned about too many trucks. Not the case any more.

Should i try rescheduling for a later date? I've done it in the snow before and had a ton of fun.
You can reschedule if you want 2 guys is not that much fun ,the snow should be better , maybe next month? Im ok either way let me know thanks

Frank84
11-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Cris - I'm going to reschedule for a snowy month. I'll post up the date when I figure that out with the park.

cris_rrc
11-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Cris - I'm going to reschedule for a snowy month. I'll post up the date when I figure that out with the park.

Ok no problem Frank , I'll be in the next one with the Disco