PDA

View Full Version : Refurbishing LR Badge

mlp141
12-23-2011, 12:12 PM
What's the best way to refurbish the black Land Rover badges on the grill and on the back of the tub?

Sand paper? Spraypaint?

crazyfish
12-23-2011, 03:12 PM
If your first two posts are about wipers and the condition of the badge - you got a damn nice Series........

Paint stripper the whole thing. Spray paint the entire thing black, gently sand off the highlights, clear coat.

scatterling
12-23-2011, 04:21 PM
If your first two posts are about wipers and the condition of the badge - you got a damn nice Series........

hey mr. Sean Man, not all of us can afford 'works in progress' :p

....how's the short bus?

mlp141
12-23-2011, 06:19 PM

Paint stripper the whole thing. Spray paint the entire thing black, gently sand off the highlights, clear coat.

It is nice. But, not unlike the day I picked up my brand new F150 a few years back, there's always a million things to improve!

And, as they say, the devil is in the details.

galen211
12-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Bill Simone gave me this tip and it worked well. Paint the whole thing black, then using a small foam roller roll the raised surface with silver paint. If you take your time it will fill all the raised surfaces and leave the black. Comes out looking perfect.

scatterling
12-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Bill Simone gave me this tip and it worked well. Paint the whole thing black, then using a small foam roller roll the raised surface with silver paint. If you take your time it will fill all the raised surfaces and leave the black. Comes out looking perfect.

ditto

galen211
12-27-2011, 06:46 PM
One other thought if I remember correctly. The "Solihull" and "England" isn't raised as high and think I had to go back with a small paint brush and fill them in. It's been a while but I know I had to do something like that. It turned out looking great in the end.