PDA

View Full Version : My D2 is afraid of the cold

Rob P
01-12-2012, 10:43 PM
I need a little help here. My '04 D2 is afraid of the cold. In the summer months all is well with the wipers and turn signals but as cold weather approaches, the wipers decide not to run on low speed including intermitent wiping and also the turn signals become iffy when used first thing in the morning on a cold day. The wipers usually always work on high speed and the turn signals are a new problem but repeatable. After the interior warms up the problems go away making me think it is the switches inside the column. Any thoughts?

03springer
01-23-2012, 06:22 PM
I have similar problems. But my left head light doesn't work at first and my high speed wipers don't work right at first. I leak antifreeze in the winter but not in the summer. These machines have lots of weird quirks. That's British for you.

rvrsrvc
01-24-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm part British and I don't leak, and I prefer the cold over the humid heat.
I would suspect the headlight issue is at the headlight, not the column switch.
Rob, grab yourself an aerosol can of electronic cleaner- CRC makes a product called QD (Quick Dry) Electronic Cleaner- remove the column covers and clean the switches. Can't make it any worse. I've seen switches and motors cause "hard -starting" symptoms...

Rob P
01-31-2012, 10:51 PM
Trevor, I was gonna try sand blasting my contacts but I couldn't keep my eyes open when I pointed the gun towards my face.

DiscoSux
03-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Trevor, I was gonna try sand blasting my contacts but I couldn't keep my eyes open when I pointed the gun towards my face.

If you wheeled as much as you joke you would be quite impressive.