PDA

View Full Version : Concalve (MAR)

pushngo
04-29-2012, 01:01 PM
I spoke with a few people at Robesonia and didn't realize no one knew MAR and the Conclave had merged.

I spoke with Sean and some of the execs at SCC but at that point couldn't say what exacxtly was in the works but here it is.

The weekend of September 20th- 23rd at The Cove in Gore VA which is a much closer Venue about 2 and a bit hrs from Lancaster The area is massive and not only has trails from Green laning to scare the wildest buggies but has camping, cabins, trailer hookups and best of all shower houses and wash rooms, a lake, a shooting range, ampatheatre, the list goes on.

The current cost is about $170 but we hope to have it down in the next week or so. I'll save almost that on fuel not going to Scotsville.

The promoters are working on this being Club oriented to the point that there is talk of allowing clubs to set up a booth at the main tent to promote their club sell t-shirts or just as a central point to meet. That is still in the works

Ayway lets get a group together and maybe we can get our own tent like we did a few years ago at MAR!!

Rob P
04-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Keep us posted Randy

devildog01
04-30-2012, 11:36 AM
C'mon Randy call it what it is.Mar at the Cove.

Ivar
04-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Anyone seen this convoy by NELRC to MAR?

Maybe we should join up with them, or do a similar thing?

http://www.convoyforheroes.com/

So I might even risk getting bugs on my window and some dirt on the wheels and actually attend an event!

Frank84
04-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Hmmm....I never made it to MAR because the distance from NJ in the strange rover just seemed like a bad idea. This might be a good date for me to shoot to get it back on the road from it's "restoration".

devildog01
04-30-2012, 07:33 PM
You can follow me down Frank.Or you can just follow the trail of beer cans.

87xj95disco
04-30-2012, 07:56 PM
just checked the calendar at work and no one has these dated marked off. i will put my name down
to get these dates. i should be able to make it this time.

Frank84
04-30-2012, 10:28 PM
You can follow me down Frank.Or you can just follow the trail of beer cans.

haha - sounds like a plan!

dcarr1971
05-01-2012, 04:18 PM
haha - sounds like a plan!

Just remember, by 'beer cans' Brett actually means you can follow his trail of leaking oil and coolant...the actual beer cans are just piled up next to the last spot his Disco broke down...

DiscoSux
05-04-2012, 12:15 PM
just checked the calendar at work and no one has these dated marked off. i will put my name down
to get these dates. i should be able to make it this time.

Unfortunately 'tis best to attend a Land Rover event WITH a Land Rover. :cool:

pushngo
06-08-2012, 03:12 PM
-- UPDATE:
As mentioned, the Conclave team has been working hard to get the best value for attendees of this event. As a result, we've trimmed the fat while still keeping our original objective in mind - hosting a great event at afacility with an amazing trail system for all experience levels. We're now setto move forward with pre-registration and offer an early-bird special.

Here is what you can expect.
Conclave will cost $125 for the truck and driver for those who wish to register by Saturday, August 25, 2012. Late registrations are chargedan additional $20.00 simply because we will incur additional costs with last minute additions with the various vendors we're utilizing. This fee includes registration, camping and use of all facilities including trail use starting Friday, September 21, 2012. Please note the date change!

Passengers over the age of 11 years old are not charged aregistration fee, however, the Cove charges $15 per person, per day. Discountsare available for children under the age of 11 and will be noted on ourregistration page. This fee will be charged regardless of your overnightaccommodations whether it be off-site lodging or camping on-site at the Cove.This $15 fee includes camping, and use of all facilities including trail use.

A detailed schedule of events will be posted on our website tooutline what your registration fee includes.

Conclave welcomes two supporting Land Rover Clubs to the event.

The Rover Owners Association of Virginia (ROAV) has offeredtheir full support. ROAV will offer such activities as:
-Beginner guided trail rides
-Advanced guided trail rides
-Pony Rides
-Moon Bounce
-Blindfolded obstacle course

The Northeast Land Rover Club (NELRC) has also offered theirfull support. NELRC will be winding down their Convoy for Hero’s charity driveat the Conclave and will be participating in activities such as:
‪Charitable 50/50
‪Charity Raffle
One and done competition

Rob P
09-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Grady and I are going to Marclave. Planning on leaving Dover PA area around 2pm for the 2 hour trip. Camping and bumming rides when we can, not driving.

scatterling
09-16-2012, 08:44 AM
4 more sleeps!!!!! See you there.
So, who else is going?

rvrsrvc
09-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Keith and I are heading down Thursday evening, departing Two Pines at 7.30pm in the Range Rover.

Lyle4LClover
09-16-2012, 08:48 PM
I put the series on the trailer behind "Big Red" the Ford F150, I want to get there the same day I leave for there. I should be there Thursday. Dad won't be coming down this time, he already had plans. He's having trouble with the brakes on the 101 anyway. Anyone a hydraulics expert? Anyone bringing anything that goes bang? Anyone have any requests? I have a few items I can bring. Let me know. Their range is crude but a lot of fun! See you all there!

airbornrover
09-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Leaving between 9 and 10pm from the jersey shore on Thursday. Should be driving the 109.

kun109
09-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Heading down Friday morning and bringing the 109. Lyle, had so much fun shooting your guns last year, went and got a Ruger mk III. Small, but really fun.

rvrsrvc
09-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Ok, still leaving at 7.30 but now trailering the Disco.

galen211
09-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Leaving early Friday morning. Flat towing the Series.

devildog01
09-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Leaving Friday 830 am from Easton.

scatterling
09-19-2012, 08:24 PM
How the FERK is it 8:20pm already!!! who made Thursday come right after Wednesday!!!!! Leaving in the morning about 8ish. I need a life coach to help me budget my time better............

rvrsrvc
09-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Rovers. Camping in the woods under constant threat of an acorn assault. Beer. Meat. Friends old and new. Miss it already.

hilltoppersx
09-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Rovers. Camping in the woods under constant threat of an acorn assault. Beer. Meat. Friends old and new. Miss it already.

Acorn? i got hit with a pear! damn rogue pear trees.