PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simone

Lyle4LClover
05-16-2012, 10:50 AM
As many of you may have just found out this morning, I have sad news of the passing of Bill Simone. Bill evidently succumbed to his battle with cancer. This all happened so quickly, I am at a loss for words. For those of you that knew Bill he was a great guy, always helping out, lending out his garage in Lebanon PA for shop days and more. Bill was also responsible for almost every score card here at the Robesonia Trials events making a masterpiece you could frame out of something someone would assume to be just lines and numbers. Bill was a big part of the design of our long overdue ROVERS Robesonia trials sticker that debuted at the spring trials too. Bill hosted many trips to his property up North in PA for camping and wheeling and you have probably come across him at at least one Rover event in the past ten years or so. Bill was always kidded about having lockers in his truck but indeed he didn’t, he was just a very good driver. He will be greatly missed and his untimely passing has humbled me greatly as it may also you. Please keep Bills family in your thoughts and prayers during this sad time. I will post more information as it becomes available.
Lyle

mlp141
05-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Oh my. I had no idea that bill was even ill. My condolences to his family.

80-One
05-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Bill was one of the good guys……… a true genuine gentleman.
He had a passion for all things Land-Rover. He was always keen to chat and see if he could help with mechanical or electrical woes.
His dry sense of humor and wit made any meeting a real pleasure and memorable occasion.
Bill in a Series Land-Rover was the perfect match of man and machine.

Bill was a true original.
The shock, horror and anger of his passing are only muted by the knowledge that he is no longer in pain and has passed onto a better place.
He will be sorely missed.

Thoughts, hugs and prayers to Pammi and family

Rest in Peace.

Steve & Suzie Hoare

rvrsrvc
05-16-2012, 04:44 PM
I second Steve and Suzie's sentiments.
Sad, sad, day.

scatterling
05-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Sleep well my friend

My prayers to Pammi and the family

crazyfish
05-16-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm rather at a loss for words actually.
Here are the details:

Visitation
9:00AM - 11:00AM, Saturday, May 19, 2012
St. Mary's Church
2 N. 8th St. Lebanon, PA 17046
Click Here to view a map.

Funeral Mass
11:00AM, Saturday, May 19, 2012
St. Mary's Church
2 N. 8th St. Lebanon, PA 17046

Ivar
05-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Unbelievable. This club consists of people with incredible welcoming hearts. Bill was one of those leaders. RIP.

bbettridge
05-17-2012, 07:17 AM
We have had some of the best times with both Bill and Pammi in recent years and this saddens me to an unmeasurable extent.

Bill was one of the best.

galen211
05-17-2012, 07:28 AM
William C. Simone
| Visit Guest Book

LEBANON William Simone, a local photographer and business owner, died Tuesday night, May 15, 2012, in Lebanon. He was 56. Simone was born William Carmen Simone on May 15, 1956, in Lebanon city, to parents, William and Catherine Simone. He graduated from Lebanon High School in 1974, lettering in football, while developing his interests in the field of photography. His business, Simone Associates, Inc., is based in downtown Lebanon, and specializes in photography, video, and sound productions used in advertising illustration. Simone himself was a Master Photographer and Cinematographer. His work truly was his life, and he enjoyed every bit of it - every second, every picture. With years of experience manipulating light, Simone was able to craft beautiful images, as he poured all of himself into each job and each project for each client with whom he worked. The images he created would have been used to sell things of all sorts, gracing the pages of magazines, billboards, and websites. His business now survives him, but is armed with a staff of skilled individuals who have all been privileged enough to learn from and work with a great photographer and an even better person. Outside of his work life, Bill, as his friends and family called him, was a consummate family man. He was a wonderful father to his two children and an even better grandfather. Zachary, 30, and Emily 27, both of Lebanon, are his only children. Their two boys, Cameron and Anthony, 6 and 2, were Bill's only grandchildren. They love their grandfather and lovingly referred to him as his 'grandpa' and family name of 'Dodo'. In addition to spending time with his family, Bill enjoyed many other activities and things. He loved to work on Land Rovers. He owned two classic Land Rover trucks, one that he rebuilt completely himself, and took pride in their care. Even more than working on them, he enjoyed taking them off road. He was a member of a Land Rover Off Road Club, and loved to go on club rides and outings. Bill also enjoyed being around and spending time with his wife, Pammi, who is also a photographer. Bill enjoyed their bike rides and trips to their cabin upstate. He and Pammi were husband and wife, best friends, and co-workers, working together on a daily basis at the studio. Bill and Pammi together would enjoy their time with the grandchildren and having sleepovers at any chance they could get. Bill is survived by his mother, Catherine Simone (father, William, is deceased); his two children, Zachary and Emily, and their children, Cameron and Anthony, all of Lebanon. He is additionally survived by his sister, Ninetta Dickerson, wife of Brian Dickerson of Philadelphia, and their two children, Colin and Sarah of Boston, and New York City, respectively. In addition to the immediate family, Bill is survived by many aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, and nephews from Lebanon and all over the country. Bill will also be missed by the many, many, friends and clients with whom he worked and with whom he so enjoyed his time and relationships. Funeral Mass Saturday morning 11 a.m. at St. Mary's Church, 2 N. 8th St., Lebanon 17046. Interment at Holy Cross Cemetery. Visitation Saturday morning from 9 to 11 a.m. at the church. In lieu of flowers donations may be sent to Lebanon Valley Rails to Trails, P.O. Box 2043, Cleona, PA 17042; or Relay For Life , c/o Zachary Simone, 845 Cumberland St., Lebanon, PA 17042. You may share your thoughts and memories with the family at our online guestbook at www.thompsonfuneralhomelebanon.com
Published in Lebanon Daily News on May 17, 2012

87xj95disco
05-17-2012, 08:24 PM
i will be there at 9 and can only stay for a little. come to think of it i never got a chance to thank bill in person
for the robesoina sticker. should i take one with me and give it to pam.
he did so much for the club and our members.

LC Rover
05-18-2012, 07:20 PM
As I struggle to find the perfect words to offer my condolences, I realize there aren't any. Bill will missed, his spirit will live on in hearts and minds of those who were touched by him..

Larry Cutler

siiirhd88
05-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Dawn and I will be there in the morning. I was stunned, as I didn't know Bill had been ill.

Bob Birmingham

kun109
05-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Our condolences to Pammi and family. Bill will be in our thoughts and prayers.

bbettridge
09-07-2012, 06:55 PM
FYI

This coming Friday, Sept 14th is an exhibition of Bills work (see Facebook snip below). A few of us are planning to attend if anyone else would like to, all are welcome.

"We would like to extend an invitation to an event being held to celebrate some of the works of Bill Simone. The event will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 on Friday September 14th, at the Marketview Arts Building in York. This will be a fantastic opportunity to come see some of Bills work. We hope to see you there."

Bill B

galen211
09-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Thanks for posting this! I will just happen to be home this coming weekend for my grandpa's 80th birthday party and I think I will go.

bbettridge
09-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Great. Hope to see you there. Molly and I are coming, Tom and Mira, possibly John B also that I know of so far.

siiirhd88
09-08-2012, 07:29 PM
I will be there, and Dawn will try to be there, work allowing.

Bob

galen211
09-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Sorry I missed everyone last night. We were running behind schedule with the family and wouldn't have made it up till the last minute.