PDA

View Full Version : not sure how much interest there would be....

soncjet
05-25-2012, 12:28 PM
the company i work for makes reproduction soft goods for (mostly) American Muscle era cars... however, we go back into the 30's and up to the 90's with parts and pieces... and get into other makes and models as things arise.

during my "trying to get my rover started" period, i pulled the passenger side under dash trim panel out to get up to the relays etc. I'm not sure if the 95 RRC underdash is a 1 year only... or if the changes were on the top only.

I wasn't sure if anyone might be interested in this kind of thing or not? as long as we have an original to make a pattern off of, and it's not a molded part - we can usually figure out something to make it work.

something else that might be of interest, would be hood insulation pads. they would not be molded like original, but would be in the same shape, pattern, hole location, clip location as the originals have. i haven't gotten around to taking mine off to pattern it, but i will one of these days when i have a free moment.

some of the other things we get into that could cross over to rover stuff....
- jute padding
- jute padding with a mastic coating on it
- various insulations for hood and firewalls
- masticated rubber for a-seals, and various flat cut gaskets etc
- neoprene for seals etc
- panel board for things like this under dash trim cover.
- there are prob more things that we could do - just haven't had anyone request things.... yet.

all things are made here in the Annville, PA area. I'm sure we could set something up with a local shop (at no cost to them), that the orders go thru there, and we can drop ship from here. just need to find a local rover shop.....

rvrsrvc
05-26-2012, 07:08 AM
Hmm, a local Land Rover shop that does renovations.....I think I know a guy.

scatterling
05-26-2012, 09:59 AM
yea........ I think his name is 'Keith' or something....:p

redhawkrovers
05-30-2012, 05:12 AM
Could you reproduce the rubber shift boot for the 5 speed disco's RRC's ?
Rover get's over 600. US for these.
Thanks
Jim

Frank84
05-30-2012, 06:46 AM
Thanks
Jim

I could use one of these....

mlp141
05-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Thanks
Jim

Seriously -- they want $600 for one of those? Oi!

soncjet
05-30-2012, 08:24 AM
unfortunately, it sounds (i havent seen one before so i'm not 100%) as if it is a molded acordian style boot? yea, that's not something that we can make here. i';ll see if i can come up with anyone that gets involved in that in the business though.

if it is flat cut (imagine using dies / giant cookie cutters :cool: ) to cut the stuff out - THAT'S what we can get into here. we have a few large computer guided cutting tables, but they are only 2D capable. imagine a large plotter / printer / vinyl cutter table. the only molded items we get into are molded hood pads for a small handful of cars, but the mold process alone is nearly $10k, so it has to be something profitable - like early Camaros and Challengers etc.

The under dash pieces i posted above, are flat cut, and then creased like the original ones to be bent and put into place.

galen211
05-30-2012, 09:15 AM
The boot is leather. Mine is torn but not $600 torn. I suspect if you shopped in the UK it would be significantly less.

soncjet
05-30-2012, 10:14 AM
The boot is leather. Mine is torn but not $600 torn. I suspect if you shopped in the UK it would be significantly less.

i see... well then in that case - someone needs to talk to the guys at redlinegoods.com I've bought shift and ebrake boots for several different VW's over the years, and their quality is top notch. custom colors, stitching types and colors - you name it and they can do it. I didnt see any RRC on their site, but they did have disco stuff. all that they would need would be a pattern or dimensions to make them.

http://redlinegoods.com/Discovery9499shiftboot.php

here's a link to a thread that has some other information, and other pictures. they run monthly specials, just keep an eye out for their discount codes.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3747473-Genuine-italian-leather-shift-boots-custom-made-for-your-car!/page4

crazyfish
06-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Series Door Panels, decent floor mats ( check out the price on the exmore rubber stuff ), hood insulation

Frank84
06-01-2012, 09:41 PM
If you could do some floor mats in a sound dampening kind of rubbery material that would be pretty useful for any of the non-carpeted trucks.

redhawkrovers
06-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Land Rover call's it a tunnel cover it cover's the big hole you have in the floor
with a 5 speed. It is molded rubber,not the shift gaiter as rover calls the shifter boot.
Thanks
Jim