PDA

View Full Version : picnic

87xj95disco
06-29-2012, 06:45 PM
R.O.V.E.R.S. picnic
Just need to iron out some little details, but here you go.
September 8th-9th that’s right an overnight. Echo Valley Campground with a catered dinner.
52 Camp Road
Tremont, PA 17981
www.echovalleycamp.com
For those that are going to be staying overnight you must check in at the office that way we can
keep tabs. This will be tent only (clubs paying for).
I could not get a deal on any hook ups so If you are going to bring a camper please pay at office.
Rausch Creek is just up the road if a group wants to go wheeling on Sunday.
This should be a good time to catch up from summer vacations and talk about MAR.
Please bring a drink and maybe a dessert with you.

Frank84
07-03-2012, 06:04 AM
Looking forward to it!

DiscoDaze
07-12-2012, 07:07 PM
We would like to attend. Have not been out since Ed Tatton's last wild NELRC ride through the pine barrens. Need to get my truck out more. Tired of watching just leak oil in the driveway.

Disco16481649Daze

Ken Heaton
08-04-2012, 09:32 AM
:o This sounds like a good event, how do I register?

87xj95disco
08-05-2012, 05:38 PM
show up at the campground check in at office tell them your with roversclub. also let them know if staying or not.

Rob P
08-07-2012, 10:15 PM
deal in me and Grady at least

87xj95disco
08-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Talked to the caters today and got menu set. emailed the campground to finish the details.
T-shirts ordered today as well.
If you are going to spend the night check in at the office to tell them you are with roversclub picnic (keeping tabs)
If you are NOT spending the night you must leave by 9:00 pm, stop in at the office for direction to the povilion.
Please bring a drink and maybe a dessert. BYOB but keep it to a minimal. They seam to had problems from past clubs staying and trashing the place. When you leave on sunday you may not return they are also
having problems with them returning from RC use the showers and then head home.

Lyle4LClover
08-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Count me in, trying to work out the details for a camping trip, not 100% sure yet. Will be there Sat or Sun. Dad coming too. I like this picnic/camping idea!
Lyle

rvrsrvc
09-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Mike, I've had some issues with Echo Valley before and just want to suggest you get stuff in writing from them. I'm surprised she isn't charging for having guests come in who aren't staying at the campground. Using the group area? Ask if the restroom/shower trailer is included or just the porta johnnies.

87xj95disco
09-03-2012, 03:35 PM
good point. i will get there early enough if any problems come up. they said rest rooms/showers are near by nothing about the porta johns.

xxjtvxx
09-03-2012, 11:33 PM
I'll stop by Sat.(not camping) and definitely up for wheeling on Sun.if anyone is going. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
JT

rvrsrvc
09-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Max and I should be there Sat night and will wheel Sunday. Depending on which one is running Saturday, may bring Big Blue or Goldilocks.

87xj95disco
09-06-2012, 07:41 AM
we might get a little rain on sat but its only 60 percent chance. PLEASE come on out a little rain will not hurt.
Get caught up from summer trips/vacations and talk about up coming events. This is a layed back and relaxing picnic. There is alot of food coming which is catored to kids as well. Hope to see you there.

87xj95disco
09-06-2012, 06:50 PM
anytime after 2pm. we are having pork bbq, beef n chicken fajitas mac n chees and black bean,corn salad. breakfast you are on your own.the cost is you bring a dessert and drink

Frank84
09-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Looking forward to tomorrow!

87xj95disco
09-08-2012, 08:12 AM
if you are coming bring rain gear and extra dry cloths.

Frank84
09-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Leaving NJ in about an hour...with an umbrella.

Should arrive around 4pm.

Rob P
09-09-2012, 10:12 AM
What can I say about the picnic? It was wet, chilly, much later in the day than I had thought. I'd not miss a Rover club event if I can help it. There was 13 of us including the 4 children. I thought the campgrounds was ok, the porta potty wasn't stinky, the creek was a hit with the boys. I would have rather known the food wasn't coming until 5pm as I think of a picnic as noon to early afternoon. Food was ok but not my favorites. I'd go again but 3 hours later. Pregnant women and small children don't like waiting around much.

87xj95disco
09-09-2012, 04:20 PM
about 13 showed thanks to mother nature. Frank,Tim,Kelly and myself (with boys) stayed over night. not to long after robs family, david and lyle left the rain stop. we had a nice sunset telled storys by the campfire and a clear night sky and all its stars. 55 degres over night and a wonderful sunrise through the trees.

Frank84
09-09-2012, 07:24 PM
The weather definitely did clear for us later on and the camping was great - perfect temperature, a fire, and good stories. Being 5 minutes from Rausch Creek was rather convenient too of course. Trevor/Max, Tim/Kelly, Clay (drove up from VA), and myself spent the day bouncing around through the woods without too many mishaps. A few, but that is to be expected.

Lyle4LClover
09-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Had a good time, can't help the rain. I liked the food, location was great. Wish I didn't have to work so damn early on Sunday or I would have camped out. Looking forward to Fall Robesonia.
I hope next years picnic will be similar with a campout, I really liked the idea.
Lyle

rvrsrvc
09-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Sorry I missed the camping! Made a judgement call on the weather and it proved incorrect.

I agree on the whole idea of camping and WHEELING as part of the club picnic!

That is one of the main uses of our chosen vehicular hobby, and there is no reason not to have this at Rausch Creek. There is such a variety of trails, any model of Rover can play there safely.

And, I drove Strange Rover. Completely awesome......