PDA

View Full Version : Robesonia Winter Event!!!!! Sunday January 20th!!!

Lyle4LClover
12-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Alright, finally got some time here to post it.
Sunday January 20th. Work day weekend before. We are going to have our first ever trials event in winter. Half price admission, still have lunch (from Tony's pizza) and prizes. Saturday early arrival and trail rides/camping. The weekend of 12th/13th will be work days (if needed). We will need responses from those interested in coming to work days.
Goal = high score. 100 points possible for the day. All sections run backwards! numbers will be on the wrong side (left "drivers in USA" side this time and facing away from you. Every section is worth 10 points. You start with 0 points and make your way through the section trying to get to 10!, 100 for the day!
I'm hoping for snow for this because we havent had snow at an event in Robesonia since the very first Spring event back about 15 years ago.
Please let me know if your interested. I know there was quite a bit of chatter about having this event before so Mike and I have spoken and come up with something!
Please reply and let me know your thoughts!
Thanks, Lyle

devildog01
12-17-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm game! Just ran the date past the boss (aka wife) and she says great idea take the kids and get out of the house!

scatterling
12-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Wish I could, was really looking forward to this.
I'm booked solid until the end of February though. Let's hope there is a good turnout and we can do this again.

pushngo
12-20-2012, 09:10 AM
We are flying home on the 20th so can't make it.

And that is the Sand and Snow weekend so the NJ and NY group (NELRC) probably won't show

hilltoppersx
12-20-2012, 03:39 PM
We are flying home on the 20th so can't make it.

And that is the Sand and Snow weekend so the NJ and NY group (NELRC) probably won't show

yup. can't make it we booked the Yurt's again. here's to hopin for snow!

devildog01
12-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Just realized it is the weekend of the Sand and snow event which I already committed to so I'm going to have to pass too.Damn was really looking forward to this one.

Rob P
12-22-2012, 09:46 AM
It sounds like a hoot, tire chains permitted if it snows? We'll have to see what we're up to that weekend

DiscoSux
12-30-2012, 01:33 AM
It sounds like a hoot, tire chains permitted if it snows? We'll have to see what we're up to that weekend

No **** Rob. All you do is Robesonia. Get a pair and come to Rausch sometime.

DiscoSux
12-30-2012, 01:34 AM
oh, and I will come to this event. Will camp likely...

but try to watch the NELRC events for a better turn out. I don't do the Barrens but most everything else NE does...

Is Steve coming?

billcooper
01-04-2013, 02:12 AM
So is it just Sunday? Will see if we can make it.

dbeard
01-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Hi Lyle,

I'm game for a workday, and count me in for the event.

Dave

87xj95disco
01-05-2013, 08:39 PM
just one day event. also the bill simone trophy will NOT be passed on that will done in the spring
should be a blast no matter how many show. just a few prizes and nothing but fun,
now since my busy season is now done i can work on more with the club.

Lyle4LClover
01-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Guys, got snow? We do! The mountainside is covered with snow, up to 4" in places, patchy but there nontheless. I drove the mountain on the logging trails yesterday, almost hit a heard of deer, had a little trouble just below the cliff in the snow.

For those that asked, yes, I think Steve and a few others from VA/MD area are coming.

As Mike said, it is a one day event, Sunday. There will be camping for those that wish to sleep over Sat into Sun. No event activities on Saturday. I know many have a drive and if you wish to come in the daylight Saturday thats fine, you're more than welcome.

I do agree that next year some kind of on line calender for all the local groups would be helpful as there are events from several clubs in our vast area that do overlap. A one stop check of all events from VA to NY would be great. If we can all keep events updated on all the local boards to reflect the regional activities we could probably have a local event to attend every weekend!

Lyle

hilltoppersx
01-06-2013, 01:52 PM
i can make someone a mod from your club on this page.

https://www.facebook.com/RoverEvents

DiscoSux
01-07-2013, 12:54 AM
Need work day details. Jensen needs details...

87xj95disco
01-07-2013, 07:46 PM
jan the 13th 9am work until done lunch at tonys around noon.

Lyle4LClover
01-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Well, it looks like work day will be a T-shirt kind of day! They are expecting temps up to +60*F! There is still some snow but because of this rain it is mostly just like a 3" layer of wet slippery snot on the ground. All the uphills are going to be fun! It shouldn't take long as most of the canes are up. Remember, we're running everything backwards so some of the turns and such may need to be slightly modified, unless your rear wheels turn like a tow motor! We meet at 9:00 AM at the house so if you're going to be late call me so we can look for you 484-357-9058. Let's get done early because there is a gun show in Lebanon, 30 minutes away! Hope to see a few here this Sunday, and even more for the event the following Sunday! Remember, you may come up Saturday to camp (apartment and my camper will be available- reserve now!) although there are no official club events on Saturday the 19th.
Thanks, Lyle

DiscoSux
01-12-2013, 12:26 AM
Well, it looks like work day will be a T-shirt kind of day! They are expecting temps up to +60*F! There is still some snow but because of this rain it is mostly just like a 3" layer of wet slippery snot on the ground. All the uphills are going to be fun! It shouldn't take long as most of the canes are up. Remember, we're running everything backwards so some of the turns and such may need to be slightly modified, unless your rear wheels turn like a tow motor! We meet at 9:00 AM at the house so if you're going to be late call me so we can look for you 484-357-9058. Let's get done early because there is a gun show in Lebanon, 30 minutes away! Hope to see a few here this Sunday, and even more for the event the following Sunday! Remember, you may come up Saturday to camp (apartment and my camper will be available- reserve now!) although there are no official club events on Saturday the 19th.
Thanks, Lyle

JD and I will be there. We are going to bring the quad to test the trailer capabilities of the the Disco. Jensen will use the quad to get materials and tools. I hope that is okay.

Oh, we are going bring guns. Lots of guns...

Not on the menu for this Sunday due to the gun show? Cool, just let us know.

We can't wait!

qbenplaya00
01-12-2013, 09:45 AM
awe darn already said i was going to Sand & Snow 2 - 1/19/13 - 1/20/13 with njlr/nelrc that weekend. have fun guys!

Lyle4LClover
01-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Sucessful work day! Not a big turnout, but there wasn't a whole lot to do. Thanks to those who showed up. We reset a few downed canes, changed a few that would have been difficult to do the other direction, cleared some downed branches. Remember, we're running everything backwards so you will accumulate points as you drive through, high score wins this time. The numbers will be on the other side of the truck this time and facing away from you. You'll start at gate #1 and navagate through to gate #10, 100 points for the day. This was a great measure to do for a winter event. For Spring I would like to make five new sections as we haven't been on the lower lane or below the cliff for at least three events. We'll of couse need participation in work days to acomplish that. Thanks to Mike my old Rover is running again as it fried the ignition coil again!? Remember, camping is permitted Saturday into Sunday, so far the weather looks good albiet a little cold! I'm going to look into getting a heater as I have one of those USMC foreward crew tents with the chimney flue holes in it. My camper at my house and my Dads apartment will both be available, both have heat. If you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks ,Lyle

DiscoSux
01-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Yep, great work day. Courses will be fun.

Had a great time as did Jensen.

Rob P
01-14-2013, 08:43 PM
We are all battling sickness here. Grady has seemed to have passed it to Lennon, Lennon is currently ****ting and puking all over, I haven't got it yet, Nicole had a touch of it. Quincy will NOT be getting it. Besides if he does get it he has the runs always anyway so we won't know it.

Ivar
01-15-2013, 04:37 PM
I will be there to help marshal etc. I need to get a series in worse condition so I can compete! Although, I can just compete in it and then it will become worse.

Will be bringing a new recruit who has just bought an old Disco 2.

What time does its start? When hangovers are over?

DiscoSux
01-15-2013, 06:51 PM
What time does its start? When hangovers are over?

...don't think we can wait until 4pm to get started.

Lyle4LClover
01-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Winter event start time will be 9:00 on the trail. With the 1 to 3 inches of snow expected tonight and colder temps (let's hope it doesn't rain too much and wash the snow away!) we may need the whole time! We will have coffee and breakfast stuff at the house on Sunday morning before we head into the woods. We have a full 10 sections set up and driven ( in a D-1) ready to go. They are quite interesting as running them backwards really messes with what we did in fall! We will do lunch from Ton'y pizza.
As for needing a series in worse condition, does anyone remember 2002 when I brought my "brand new" series truck out for the first time, the smell of drying paint still in the air, bronze green glowing in the early morning light? We set out to set the first section of Spring Robesonia 2002 and Jeff Wilson grabbed my truck, he went in to the first hole and made a sharp left, and BANG!, there went the right front fender! Right into a tree! A "my fault!" and off we went! The little dents and scratches are proudly worn battle scars from using the truck for what it was meant for. Enjoy the marque, don't let scratches and dents get in the way of having fun, my truck and the one on Barret Jackson will both get the same look from people as they pass by. It's more than a shine, it's whats inside that makes the Rover special. :)

Ivar
01-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Wow, deep Lyle ... I feel like I have just been to a motivational speaking event :)

DiscoSux
01-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Need a camping update. Is anyone camping? staying in the apt?

Can we group up in the apt as one big happy family?

Lyle4LClover
01-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Need a camping update. Is anyone camping? staying in the apt?

Can we group up in the apt as one big happy family?

I know a few from down near the "Distric of Criminals" are coming up tonight already. The apartment will easily sleep 6 plus my camper is available, that will sleep 7 at least and heat also.
Not sure of everyone else yet. Saturday looks like a nice warm day, cold overnight and Sunday, but bearable.

billcooper
01-19-2013, 05:50 PM
We may have a delay in the morning so if we can't make it there by 9:00 we will just start running the trail backwards till we find everyone.

qbenplaya00
01-21-2013, 10:26 AM
how did this turn up? i wish i didnt have plans already for that weekend.

87xj95disco
01-21-2013, 12:33 PM
nice turn out for our first winter event. 7 rovers and 28 spectators.
everyone had a good time. the weather was not to cold but just a little windy.

4rd Brett B
3nd Randy W.
2nd jensen
1st Dave B. (again)

Thanks to everyone that came out for the event looks like we might have another winter event since
we had a good turn out. more showed then i expected.
Please keep and eye on the forum for the spring event dates. we will need alot of help to make new trails.
Looking to build atleast 6-8 new ones and change up some of the old ones.

SORRY MY FAULT

dbeard
01-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Wasn't Jensen in there somewhere?

hilltoppersx
01-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Wasn't Jensen in there somewhere?

he did win however he was the only competitor in the little known Demo Derby that was held the same day.

Lyle4LClover
01-22-2013, 10:09 PM
he did win however he was the only competitor in the little known Demo Derby that was held the same day.

I don't know, although I started a day early, I think I got the demo derby award this event! Did you see my series? I think Jensen and father combined score came in about 2nd overall? Kind of hard to judge as Jensen was so happy with his score he ran off with the card while we were counting! He and father ended up with 80 points if I'm not mistaken. Not bad at all. Keep that up and Jensen will be driving all the sections soon.
What do you guys think of a "follow Lyle" event? I seem to have somehow ended up at the foot of the lonley mountain in a dry river bed on my long journey Saturday. Had the fuel line not pulled apart we may have made it out, then again, maybe not, who knows?

DiscoSux
01-23-2013, 01:03 AM
Thanks to Dave, "mom", Lyle and Mike for a great event. I drove two of the slightly dangerous courses but Jensen drove the rest. I am very proud of him as his first event was the spring of last year. This year all he did was bend a rim on a section where I told him to "hit it". He did.
Thanks for the help changing the wheel Randy (always the man on the spot).
Thanks to Lyle for the fun before-the-event rescue.
Thanks to Chris (not Christian) for the mindless around-the-fire chatter.
No thanks to Kim for not driving a section! (You can do it!)