PDA

View Full Version : Robesonia spring event 2013

87xj95disco
03-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Spring event 2013 is Saturday April the 27th. Work days are going to be April the 20th and 21st. If we want new trails please come out and help. if you design it we will make it and name it after you. Please be there by 9am and drivers meeting no later then 10 am. The bill Simones Trophy will be passed on the the winner of this event. Sorry steve you will hand it to the winner. Hope to see you there should be another great event..

Frank84
03-08-2013, 07:58 PM
I think I might actually be able to make it to one of these for the first time in a while. Woohoo!

devildog01
03-09-2013, 05:27 PM
I think I might actually be able to make it to one of these for the first time in a while. Woohoo!

Oh so you get a TDI and now you think you can get a trophy like English huh?

Frank84
03-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Oh so you get a TDI and now you think you can get a trophy like English huh?

Isn't that how it works?

Lyle4LClover
03-12-2013, 06:43 PM
I'm ready to set canes! There are a few sections still set up from our "snowless" winter event. We'll need to set up some new ones, please try and come out the weekend before for the setup, you'll love it. I have some wonderful awful ideas, just need the manpower to make them happen! Let me know if you have any questions about work days or event day.
Thanks, Lyle

rvrsrvc
04-02-2013, 06:37 AM
I started promoting the Trials on several forums then realised there is no info about the event in this thread!

Is it going to have stock/modified, beginner/seasoned courses?

What shoes should I wear?

Can I bring my children? Pets?

Camping?

Rain or shine? or snow?

How much does it cost?

Will there be grizzly old-timers there to guide me and spot for me so that I come away with a positive and hopefully damage-free experience?

What's the adderss for this fun filled extravaganza?

Will there be food service?

Lyle4LClover
04-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Is it going to have stock/modified, beginner/seasoned courses?

Yes! All of the above. Anything above your limits will be able to be bypassed.

What shoes should I wear?

Depends on the weather and your choice of color of your slacks. You will be in the woods, rocks, snakes, etc.

Can I bring my children? Pets?

Yes, but ALL should be leashed please.

Camping?

Yes, both work and event weekends. But be forewarned, if you camp on work weekends you will be put to work and event weekend has no formal event activity on Sunday.

Rain or shine? or snow?

Yes! Brimstone and fire may be a whole nuther issue though!

How much does it cost?

Mike? I don't remember, that'd be a good Mike question

Will there be grizzly old-timers there to guide me and spot for me so that I come away with a positive and hopefully damage-free experience?

Yes, as always, we aim for fun, not carnage. You will always be able to walk it first, ask for a dedicated spotter or be able to take a bypass. And yes, Dad didn't shave yet, Grizzly Adams look alike (from the Memba them?) series.

What's the address for this fun filled extravaganza?

101 East Mountain Ave. Robesonia PA 19551, look for the Rover Event signs from rt 422 to the event.

Will there be food service?

Yes, spectator or participant, we will have a breakfast of coffee, tea and biscuits of some sort or another at least plus there will be a lunch provided on Saturday, all part of the fee (reference the "Mike fee question above") Lunch will be food and drink. All other meals (especially for those camping) will be on your own or you may of course organize a feast with the other guests as you see fit.

Any particular questions can be directed to Mike or I for clarity. We hope for a good turnout!
Thanks, Lyle

Lyle4LClover
04-03-2013, 09:20 PM
$28 for participants and $8 for spectators.
Confirmed with Mike.
Hope to see you here!
Lyle

DiscoSux
04-08-2013, 01:07 PM

"woohoo" for you
"boohoo" for the rest of us...

:cool:

DiscoSux
04-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Fair Warning - Jensen will be competing. If he's in his Rangie he will likely not do as well. But if he's in my truck...

Lyle4LClover
04-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Head count? Anyone coming out to set canes this weekend? Let me know! I'll be in the woods by 9:00 AM at the latest.
Thanks, Lyle

DiscoSux
04-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Jensen and I will be there for set up. If any one is camping, let us know. We wouldn't mind camping either night.

DiscoSux
04-22-2013, 11:34 AM
It's official - Set up days are more fun than the event itself. No doubt in my mind. Jensen actually brought it up and I agreed. We had a blast. See you all next Friday night!

87xj95disco
04-22-2013, 12:54 PM
thank you all who came out for work days. sorry i couldnt not be there this time had scouts that weekend.
looks like we should be ready for the event got all the prizes and just a few little things need to be finished but we are ready. hope to see you all there.

mike

Lyle4LClover
04-24-2013, 08:51 PM
Hello all, we have 10 courses all set up and ready to go! There are a few favorites we put a little "flare" on and some totally new sections in areas we've only drove past before. A big thank you to those that came out for work days as there was a lot of rock moving, chain sawing, brush cutting and following of the Oliver cleattrack. There was also that, "is it going to fall over?" factor the first few passes on one new course that we had to deal with. Don't worry, there's a bypass! The campground is ready to go. Head count for those coming up to camp? It was just below freezing on top of the mountain last Saturday night. A little cold!Supposed to be in the mid to upper 40's overnight this weekend, much better. Remember, event is Saturday, start time 9:00 AM sharp, camping overnight and no "official" event activities on Sunday. There is however a real good gun show in Reading at the convention center (30 minutes away) on Sunday starting at 9:00 AM for those interested! If anyone has questions let me know. Hope to see you here!
Thanks, Lyle

bossongs
04-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Hey Lyle,

Rumor has it this is a shot of the first course ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZrhuSE_ivA

See ya Saturday Morning.

billcooper
04-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Going to try and be there for Saturday morning. Thought we would tryand bring the 90 instead of the big grey 110 this time.

Bill

Frank84
04-26-2013, 08:12 PM
See you all in the morning!

devildog01
04-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Awesome event as ususal.Big thanks to Lyle and Dave.You guys always put on a great show.I really liked the new trails.And yes I am on the web as I type looking for new tires.

billcooper
04-27-2013, 10:48 PM
I'll second that, we had a great time (broken shock and all) Looking forward to fall.

hilltoppersx
04-28-2013, 07:53 AM
Awesome event as ususal.Big thanks to Lyle and Dave.You guys always put on a great show.I really liked the new trails.And yes I am on the web as I type looking for new tires.

you just got those tires. wtf?

Frank84
04-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Great event as always! Thanks to everyone that worked to get the trails set up - some day I'll make it out to one of those work days.

And extra thanks to Dave Kase for tightening my wheel bearings for me! Much better on my second attempt at driving back to NJ.

Disco96JSWB
04-29-2013, 04:14 PM
No pictures or video??

bossongs
04-29-2013, 10:13 PM
Dave & Lyle ... Thnx a bunch for hosting again. Connor and I had a blast ... although Connor spent little time on the trails. He looked like pigpen when I loaded him into the truck for the drive home and was zonked 15 minutes later. No better way to spend a Saturday in my book!
Appreciated, Steve B.

87xj95disco
05-05-2013, 08:11 PM
sorry for the delay.
just got the plaqes in a few days ago, one for the miss spelled word and the other for steve hoare.
any ways
we had a great turn out that day.
10 rovers and 32 spectators. nice size group and great weather too.
only a broken d/s rear window on a d2 and broken shock mount on a d90.

1st place Steve Blossong $200 gift certificate and Bill Simone Trophy.

2nd place Frand Battersby $100 gift certificate

3rd place Bret Balin $75 cash

4th place Jensen Kase $75 gift certificate.

Would like to thank Freddie Valenton for the rovers trail stickers.

glad everyone had a good time. Sorry steve but you much had the trophy to the
winner of the fall event.
trying to upload pics
The next event/gathering will be the picnic or something sooner.