PDA

View Full Version : Non Land Rover but very British TR3 for sale

Lyle4LClover
03-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Need to make room and pay down some debt. I know it's not a Land Rover but...... I am selling my 1956 Triumph TR3 smallmouth roadster. Comes with a Rover sticker so that makes it OK right? Can't be any worse than Trevors Toyota for sale!
Anyway, I am asking $12,500 OBO for a TR3 with factory disk brakes, so it not only goes, but it stops also! The car is here in Robesonia and I've owned it since 1992, it's been in a garage since it was registered in PA on Valentines day 1957. Let me know if you have any questions. Free trail rides in your Rover or mine with every serious inquiry!
Seriously, it';s got 30,236 on the odometer, engine turns over fine, ran when I parked it in the garage 4 years ago, won't start on turpentine! Gotta drain and refill and she'll fire right up. Have'nt had time, too busy fixing the Rover after running into trees! I also need to pay the deductible to my works insurance for my work truck, I totaled it last Monday, ran into a tractor trailer and demolished it, apparently you can't keep your eyes open whilst sneezing? who knew?
Let me know if you have any questions or need pics. If you buy it I'll let you drive my series in the next Robesonia event!
Thanks, Lyle

Disco96JSWB
03-13-2013, 06:56 PM
I saw Lyle's TR3 at the Lanco MG club's show in Rothsville a few years ago. It's an exceptionally nice original car and it's a bargain.

My first car was a TR3A and they are fun cars to drive. If I weren't working on a Bugeye Sprite and a '66 VW, I'd be trying to figure out a way to come up with the dough . . .

Jeremy

Lyle4LClover
03-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Alright, $11,500 takes the TR3. I really want to help Dad get the 101 (brake problems) and the 109 (yeah, it's still on the lift) done and driveable. Anyone interested in a TR3 smallmouth?

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto/3636912908.html

Let me know. I could really use the room, and I'm sure you'd have fun with people asking you if it's a "kit car". The look on their face when you tell them it's real is worth the price. If that isn't enough, take it for a test drive (I got it running!!!!!!) up Duryea drive in Reading.
The exhilaration is unbelievable. I drove the car in competition in the 50th anniversary hill climb in 2000 (plaque is in the dash). I was up against factory Lancia's and C type Jags, a 300 Gullwing two corvettes along with an Allard! I ended up 3rd overall. Not bad for a stock '56! Here is some interesting info on the TR3

http://stevemckelvie.wordpress.com/2011/06/27/the-triumph-tr-cars-triumph-tr3/

Let me know if you're interested!
Thanks, Lyle

mlp141
03-23-2013, 06:50 AM
I'll make you a deal. I'll trade you your TR3 for your dads 90 straight up.

Lyle4LClover
03-24-2013, 07:48 PM
"I'll make you a deal. I'll trade you your TR3 for your dads 90 straight up. "

I'm not so sure the old man would go for that one!

mlp141
03-25-2013, 07:07 AM
Prob not Lyle but considering neither vehicle is mine anyway what the hell!