PDA

View Full Version : Posting a Rover for a co-worker

Lyle4LClover
03-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Buddy of mine at work has a red 1995 stick Disco for sale. It has flat tires and battery. Ran when he parked it. Lives in the Pocono's. I drove this truck about two years back, everything worked fine. Never been off road, his wife wants it out of the yard! H had a baby and all the toys got shelved! It's got like 180,XXX some miles on it if I remember. Manual transmission works fine, no major (don't even think there's minor?) body damage. It'll start right up with fresh gas and a battery, we did it in Fall. He is asking $900 for it. Clean PA title. Let me know if anyone is inetrested and I'll get more details and hook you up with his info.
Thanks, Lyle

Lyle4LClover
03-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Here are some quicky night time in the snow pics" for your veiwing pleasure:

airbornrover
03-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Can you take/or have any other pictures? Any rust issues? Only asking cause I heard the salt over there is rough. Where in PA is it located?

Lyle4LClover
03-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Rust? It's a Land Rover? Of course there is rust! There is nothing of major issues. The rust is where all the rust is on the trucks made in 1995. The footwells is one spot, (he already fixed that). I highly doubt there is a coil sprung Rover out there that doesn't have a rust spot somewhere on the steel (what a stupid idea!) floor pans and bulkhead. There was rust of course under the seats where they mount like all '95's. He fixed that too. He told me he'll take some pictures this weekend and send them to me to post. He works like I do, 5 to 9, AM to PM at least. Plus drive time and after hours service calls. People are out of work? HMMMM? Anyway, I'll post some more pictures up here soon. For under $1000, you can have a stick Disco that doesn't have any body damage, mechanical issues and the red paint is still red. That is not a bad deal. He lives, and the truck resides, in Stroudsburg PA.

Lyle4LClover
03-24-2013, 07:59 PM
From my buddy Dave:

Here are a few more in daylight.

AC doesn't work. Heat DOES.

CDL shifter is rusted shut. (Unlocked) It worked when I got it about 3.5 years ago.

No radio. Headliner shot.

Transmission and engine are good.

Tires, brakes and battery are shot.

What else?