PDA

View Full Version : Help

micoinde
03-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Any takers on checking out my IIA and pointing me in the right direction on getting it running? Dinner and beer included.

Mico Santos
Wilmington, Delaware 19809

Near Bellevue State Park, just north of the City of Wilmington

Disco96JSWB
03-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Mico,
If possible, give us some more details, and maybe a picture or two. We might be able to help without food or drink. What kind of Land Rover problems are you having?

Jeremy

bossongs
03-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Hi Mico,

I'm nearby in Chester County ...just over the boarder from Hockessin. I'd be happy to assist and second Jeremy's request for more info.

Steve B.

parovertech
03-26-2013, 08:10 AM
Mico,

I am pretty local (kennett square), I would be more than happy to stop by and take a look at your rover, go over the truck and give you insight on what to fix.

micoinde
03-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Here are picts of my 'shelf'.

scatterling
03-31-2013, 08:34 AM
....the battery is disconnected ;)

micoinde
04-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Done, battery connected. Nothing.

bossongs
04-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Haha! Neil beat me to making a snarky remark!

Mico,

I noticed you had an earlier post on the forum indicating that you needed help sorting out the wiring. Did you do a motor swap or some other type of maintenance that resulted in the current status and just need help reconnecting everything that's there or did you pick the vehicle up this way and not sure if you have all the bits ...other? How long has the vehicle been sitting since it last started?

I'll check my weekend schedule with the boss. I might be able to swing over Sat afternoon for a look.

Steve B.

micoinde
04-03-2013, 12:13 AM
Yes, I had a motor rebuild completed last year. Unfortunately, I completely forgot how to restore the electrical. I need help, thanks.

bossongs
04-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Just shot you a pm with my cell number. I have some time available this afternoon.

micoinde
02-23-2014, 01:20 PM
Any takers on checking out my IIA and pointing me in the right direction on getting it running? Dinner and beer included.

Mico Santos
Wilmington, Delaware 19809
302-893-5727

Near Bellevue State Park, just north of the City of Wilmington

crazyfish
02-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Can you give a little back story on this?

DiscoSux
02-24-2014, 04:43 PM
Yea, we need the whole scenario... Does it turn over? Got petrol? Got spark?

I am working on getting my newly acquired 2A started so I am working through all the areas. Crazyfish knows much more than I about the Series trucks so maybe he can help both of us.

micoinde
02-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Here i t goes...

I've have the 68 IIa for about 6 years. It was not running at the time of purchase due to a bad clutch and engine bearing issue. I had the engined pulled and rebuilt by Alderman Racing in New Castle Delaware. Foolishly, I paid them 7K in 2010 to rebuild but was so frustrated with the high cost that I had them reinstall without ever getting the engine started. So here it sits in my garage, motionless. I put power to the starter solenoid with no turn over.

I definitely need someone to come over and point out exactly where I need to go to rekindle this project. Thanks.

DiscoSux
02-24-2014, 06:08 PM
Your reason for hesitation to tell the story is apparent. I am currently in my own Series starting issues so I can not offer help anytime soon. Maybe one of the other guys will be able to.

Does it spark when you touch the solenoid? If not, the ground is not good. Just take jumper cables right from the battery to check the starter.