PDA

View Full Version : M & S Lights flashing

DiscoDaze
04-04-2013, 12:56 PM
My M & S lights have started flashing at start up. It only happens intermittently; once or twice a month. I have a new battery and new alternator. Any ideas on what else it could be?

DiscoDaze

parovertech
04-04-2013, 08:23 PM
You need to have the codes read,could be quite a few things.

DiscoDaze
04-05-2013, 12:10 PM
I will put my code reader on it tonight and see what there. It did it again this morning. I had to turn the truck on and off about 8 times before it went away.

DiscoDaze

Frank84
04-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Did you figure out what is wrong? There's a little tool someone was selling called the "ABS Amigo" that works well and makes diagnosing the system pretty easy. It could be as simple as a wheel speed sensor or as complicated as the modulator itself.

There's also an "XYZ" connector on the driver's side (90% sure) next to the transmission (grey in color). Unhook it, clean it with some contact cleaner, and put it back together. If you've been in deep water or mud they can get a little dirty and cause faults.

DiscoDaze
04-08-2013, 06:18 PM
I hooked up my code readers:

ABS Amigo Buddy - No Codes
OBD II - No Codes

Where is the XYZ connection? I will try that next with some electro-clean.
My truck spends most of its off road time under water; swimming in the Pine Barrens.

DiscoDaze

Frank84
04-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Where is the XYZ connection? I will try that next with some electro-clean.
My truck spends most of its off road time under water; swimming in the Pine Barrens.

DiscoDaze

I'm trying to remember for sure which side of the trans it is on and I think it is the driver's side but I'm not 100% certain. Its been at least a decade since I cleaned it last. You'll have to get under the truck and look up next to the transmission on the side and there should be a wiring harness with a grey colored connector. Now that I think about it, it may even have been after a pine barrens run that the thing needed a cleaning.

03springer
04-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Must be the water! Don`t drink it !!!