PDA

View Full Version : Driver side window problem - 95 LWB

Joe
04-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Where can get someone to fix my window?! Took off door card and discovered the metal base the window sat in had split. Got a replacement part and took it to Rolf's in Summit, NJ. Got a call that their guys "gave up on it!" It does look difficult to mount the glass back into the base and reassemble the motor, etc. but someone else has had this problem before. Any ideas where I can take it? Thinking about a generic body shop as a solution. Help! (Can't do it myself since I just had a knee replacement.) Thanks, Joe

Frank84
04-29-2013, 09:06 PM
You could always go to Trevor's in Elizabethtown, PA but that is 2.5 hours from you. Might be worth the ride to get it done right though. http://www.b4x4s.com/

Anybody know what is involved with replacing this piece? I've done motors and regulators on mine without issue.

Joe - I took off Friday and I'll be around in Ringwood if you wanted to take a ride up that way I'd give it a go but I honestly don't know exactly what is involved.

Joe
04-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Thanks Frank!

I think I will try a body shop before doing the 2.5 hours and back. But a great suggestion.

I don't want to screw up your day off and unfortunately I have to work this Friday.

I honestly think it is a special tool to get the channel on the glass, or the new channel uses a different seal than the old one, but Rovers North said no.

If I strike out with the body shop I think I will ship it back up to John Robison in Springfield, MA! That guy can fix anything!

Again, thanks for your help.

Joe

Joe
05-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Got the window fixed at a body shop. It took 3 guys to hold the glass while another guy used a rubber mallet to wack the upper arm of the regulator and gasket onto the window. Best $140 I have spent on the beast!

rvrsrvc
06-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. We usually use windscreen butyl as it is pliable but has adhesive properties, instead of the rubber flap.

Joe
07-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Thanks. I'll do that if the other windows go!